P12 Hoops 23/24

utenation

Damn. Damn. CU had a chance. Glad they fought back in this one. 

@Buff_Fan, I gave CU football a lot of shit(it was deserved) about not doing anything for the conference. 

CU hoops definitely pulled their weight and rep’d the conference very well this year. Best CU team I’ve seen in a long time. Tons of talent. 

Who knew, the Harlem Globetrotters were in SLC tonight?  Jesus Christ.  So frustrating that Utah is atrocious on the road. We can’t beat an old lady on the road.  But put us in our building and we own the mountain.  Smith with his 4th triple double of the year. 

Well, 1 more home game against VCU. 

IMG_2830.gif

On 3/24/2024 at 11:08 PM, utenation said:

Who knew, the Harlem Globetrotters were in SLC tonight?  Jesus Christ.  So frustrating that Utah is atrocious on the road. We can’t beat an old lady on the road.  But put us in our building and we own the mountain.  Smith with his 4th triple double of the year. 

Well, 1 more home game against VCU. 

IMG_2830.gif

Utes making up for 10 Pac-12 teams that have ended their seasons.  Well, sort of.

Was Smith expecting WSU to get raided by the Portal? Was this his one shot at cashing in?

Life is about to get more difficult for Stanford, and it hasn’t exactly been rosy the last decade. I might’ve held out for a better gig.

On 3/25/2024 at 11:30 AM, glduck said:

Was Smith expecting WSU to get raided by the Portal? Was this his one shot at cashing in?

Life is about to get more difficult for Stanford, and it hasn’t exactly been rosy the last decade. I might’ve held out for a better gig.

On 3/25/2024 at 9:09 AM, EastCoastFan said:

Utes making up for 10 Pac-12 teams that have ended their seasons.  Well, sort of.

We’ve played 2 quality teams but it’s fool’s gold. The second we have to play on the road or neutral, we will fall apart like a whore’s dreams in church. 

Utah fans aren’t buying this run in the NIT.  As shown by our attendance numbers the last 2 games. 

On 3/25/2024 at 5:39 PM, utenation said:

We’ve played 2 quality teams but it’s fool’s gold. The second we have to play on the road or neutral, we will fall apart like a whore’s dreams in church. 

Utah fans aren’t buying this run in the NIT.  As shown by our attendance numbers the last 2 games. 

True, but I’ll take a solid performance against Iowa home or away.  Our defense was better…mostly because Iowa likes a slower tempo.

On 3/25/2024 at 6:47 PM, Chile_Ute said:

True, but I’ll take a solid performance against Iowa home or away.  Our defense was better…mostly because Iowa likes a slower tempo.

You have always been more optimistic and positive than me. Which is why I like you.

I just can’t get over the road performance this year.  There’s not even progress on the road. Not even a little. I can’t point to anything they’ve improved on. 

I can handle growing pains but you still need progress.  We have too much talent to get blown out on the road by ASU, Stanford and Oregon State. 

On 3/25/2024 at 7:29 PM, utenation said:

You have always been more optimistic and positive than me. Which is why I like you.

I just can’t get over the road performance this year.  There’s not even progress on the road. Not even a little. I can’t point to anything they’ve improved on. 

I can handle growing pains but you still need progress.  We have too much talent to get blown out on the road by ASU, Stanford and Oregon State. 

Road woes are definitely hard to stomach.

On 3/25/2024 at 7:35 PM, utenation said:

Anyone watching the Women’s Tourney? 

P12 doing well so far. 

Lady Utes starting to look like the men’s team…back to back to back 3’s for the Zags….bad TOs and shot selection on O.