QBs in the 2024 draft

row Z

Thought I would start a conversation about QBs in the draft since there will be several drafted from the Pac12. 

My first observation is I think Caleb Williams is the clear number 1, has unique mobility and escapability traits, throws very well on the run, and might be Mahomes II. Super talented. Duh.

I don't know where Penix will go, but in thinking about comps the guy that comes to mind for me is Kurt Warner. Both have a very calm demeanor, fearless at throwing into small windows, benefitted from amazing receivers, not very mobile and need strong OL. Warner has better touch on short/intermediate passes, but Penix might have a stronger arm overall. Obviously, this is Penix's best case scenario.

I can't come up with a good comp for Bo Nix. I have seen Derek Carr mentioned as a comp, which i don't think fits and is a little insulting. He's more mobile than Carr I think.

Cam Ward could be a very intriguing later round prospect. I would not be mad if the Seahawks drafted him.   

• 4 months later...

Joel Klatt ranks his top 5 QBs in the draft.

in case you don't want to watch the video: 1) Williams; 2) Maye; 3) Daniels; 4) Penix; 5) McCarthy; 6) Nix. He says they are all first rounders.

• 1 month later...