CFP FINAL FOUR

HLB

On 12/3/2023 at 6:40 PM, HLB said:

That's why you'll never be on any such committee.

It's about having the best teams.  And FSU's resume doesn't add up.  Liberty was an undefeated conference champion - should they be in the playoffs?  No.  Because they faced inferior competition, just like FSU did.

Alabama's SOS was #5.  FSU's SOS was #55.

BAMA had more wins over teams that are ranked in the CFP, than FSU.

FSU cannot be Alabama - plain and simple - because Alabama is the better team.

On 12/3/2023 at 2:12 PM, Orange said:

Not having a 13-0 P5 conference champ in your playoff is INSANE.  

And fuck the SEC, they sucked this year.  

1. Washington

2. Michigan

3. Texas

4. FSU

the only real answer.  

I didn't eliminate FSU.  I said the same teams that you listed, as the teams that I thought would be in the Final Four, but with Michigan and Washington reversed from what you have listed.

But I also said that those four teams do not represent the "four best" teams, IMO.

On 12/3/2023 at 4:44 PM, HLB said:

Texas "easily" beats UW - 56-10.  The only way the score would be less is if Texas throttles back in the 2nd half.  This meeting between UW and Texas will be over by halftime.

I posted the line earlier, if you feel this strongly maybe you should empty out your bank account and take advantage of your foresight.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2023 at 6:08 PM, win2bfree said:

I posted the line earlier, if you feel this strongly maybe you should empty out your bank account and take advantage of your foresight.

You see, the reason why he posted that score is simple. He has to maintain the narrative that he’s had for years as a troll here that the P12 doesn’t belong in the playoffs and we don’t belong in the the same universe as the mighty SEC. 

This pussy doesn’t have the balls to bet anything or back his claims up. 

Guys, I actually think it works out great for the conference when the resident dung beetle picks our bowl games. Go the opposite direction of this genius. 

@trickydlck, you remember this 3 mile rant on why Texas is trending up, but UW isn’t? And UW won’t make an impact on the national scene. This fruit loop isn’t very sharp. 

On 12/17/2022 at 3:50 PM, HLB said:

Texas' 2022 recruiting class came in at #5.  Washington's recruiting class came in at #94.

Texas' 2023 recruiting class sits at #5.  Washington's recruiting class sits at #19.

In the 2022 transfer portal rankings, Texas came in at #5, including the #1 QB, while UW is at #25.

Texas also has the #1 QB in the nation coming in, in the 2023 class.

UW (IMO) is not trending towards being an impact on the national scene of CFB.

On 12/16/2022 at 5:47 PM, HLB said:

Here are my thoughts and picks on the PAC12's Bowl season.

Oregon vs UNC:  Great matchup.  And I'm not so sure that Oregon is the better team.  I'll take UNC in this game.  UNC (41-37)

Washington vs Texas:  Another fantastic pairing.  Washington has had some great performances, and some questionable performances.  Texas has also had some inconsistency.  But Texas is trending up.  I think Texas wins this game.  Texas (29-23)

USC vs Tulane:  Tulane should not win this game.  But Tulane will not be afraid to take on USC.  Expect a good fight from Tulane who can put up some points.  But expect USC to win.  USC (39-31).

IMG_2723.gif

On 12/3/2023 at 6:34 PM, utenation said:
  On 12/16/2022 at 4:47 PM, HLB said:

Here are my thoughts and picks on the PAC12's Bowl season.

Oregon vs UNC:  Great matchup.  And I'm not so sure that Oregon is the better team.  I'll take UNC in this game.  UNC (41-37)

Washington vs Texas:  Another fantastic pairing.  Washington has had some great performances, and some questionable performances.  Texas has also had some inconsistency.  But Texas is trending up.  I think Texas wins this game.  Texas (29-23)

USC vs Tulane:  Tulane should not win this game.  But Tulane will not be afraid to take on USC.  Expect a good fight from Tulane who can put up some points.  But expect USC to win.  USC (39-31).

Maybe this is why he is holding off calling his bookie.

On 12/3/2023 at 6:34 PM, utenation said:

Guys, I actually think it works out great for the conference when the resident dung beetle picks our bowl games. Go the opposite direction of this genius. 

@trickydlck, you remember this 3 mile rant on why Texas is trending up, but UW isn’t? And UW won’t make an impact on the national scene. This fruit loop isn’t very sharp. 

IMG_2723.gif

Can't forget. The logic behind it was infallible. Learned a lot that day.

On 12/3/2023 at 8:34 PM, utenation said:

IMG_2723.gif

I remember those comments.  And everyone on these boards laughed at me with that statement, saying:  "Texas trending up?"  Yes, Texas is trending up.  My words proved to be accurate, and now you're trying to imply that my words were idiotic.  

Where is Texas now?  They beat BAMA.  They have trended up.

Who has Washington beaten of note?  No one of note.

As for Washington, they have yet to make an impact on the national scene.  Winning a conference championship in the weak PAC12, isn't making an impact on the national scene.  They haven't beaten anyone of consequence, has yet to win a playoff game or moved the needle as a national power.  No one is running away from Washington.

And after they lose badly to Texas, you will see that UW is behind Texas, not on the level of Texas, and not making an impact on the national scene.  At that point, you will perhaps recognize UW as "just another CFB team".  They're not elite.

Meanwhile Texas is becoming, and will continue to become, one of the elite teams in CFB that is making an impact on the national scene.  In fact, if BAMA had not made the playoffs, Texas would have won the NC (and they still may).  You can expect a rematch of BAMA v. Texas in the NC game, while Washington will be sitting at home - as just another CFB team.

Moving forward, Washington won't be making an impact on the CFB scene any time soon, particularly with moving to the B1G.  Texas, on the other hand, will be a major player as a team that poses a threat to win a NC, even as a member of the SEC.

• Haha 1

On 12/3/2023 at 8:49 PM, trickydlck said:

Can't forget. The logic behind it was infallible. Learned a lot that day.

Wow.

Infallible logic?  You asked why I saw Texas as "trending up", and I answered with a logical analysis.  And everyone on this message board questioned my words that Texas was trending up, by mocking me and laughing at me.

Where is Texas now?  Exactly as I said they would be - a team that has trended up.

You will see when they play Washington, Texas has not only caught up with Washington (who beat them in their bowl game last season), but because of the things I listed in answering your question last year (stronger recruiting classes, and better acquisitions in the transfer portal) has passed UW, in a long way.

Has Washington defeated a team the likes of Alabama, as Texas has?  No.

Washington hasn't won a playoff game, beaten anyone with an "elite" status, nor move the needle in CFB.  The only thing that Washington has done is win a conference championship in the nation's weakest P5 conference.  That's not making an impact on the national scene.

Texas is going to beat UW, badly, and perhaps those of you on the west coast can see the "gap" between what an elite team looks like, and what an everyday team (like Washington) looks like.  Texas has been moving into elite status.  Washington has not.

Infallible logic?  I think things have shown that the logic I explained has played out, true to form.  Texas is a team that has trended up and is trending up.  Washington is not trending up.  Texas will be a fixture in the playoffs, for the next few years.  Washington will not.

The only thing @utenation has done by bringing up my post from last year, is prove me right - Texas has trended up, and continues to trend up.

POINTS OF INTEREST for the 2023 CFP selections:

1.  If there is a team that should have been left out in favor of FSU, that team should have been Michigan, because of their actions of cheating.

2.  The CFP selection committee only has one member with SEC ties.  The ACC has two.  B1G has two.  The PAC has one.  Big 12 has one.  The others are from HBCU, media, MWC, MAC, a military academy and former ND player,(which could be counted towards the ACC).  How could there be a "push" to intentionally place an SEC team into the CFP, with this much diversity on the committee?

3.  The CFP selection committee has, within the voting rules, that a team who has a key injury, or injuries, that those injuries are to be taken into consideration when selecting the best teams for the playoff.

4.  The 12-game playoff was originally scheduled to begin in 2026, with the option to change to an earlier season.  The year was moved to 2024, but only after the alliance of PAC12, B1G, Big 12 and ACC voted against starting the 12-game playoff in 2023.  The two biggest conferences voting against 2023 were the PAC12 and the B1G .... In the end, they had the choice to make the 12-game playoff begin in 2023 (which would have included FSU) and they voted against it.

On 12/3/2023 at 5:31 PM, HLB said:

There are more ranked teams in the SEC, in the CFP than there are in the PAC12.

Don't confuse competitive, with "best".  The PAC had a lot of balance within their conference, which made for a competitive conference.  But they weren't the best.

You will find this out during the bowls.

Expect Texas to defeat Washington, 56-10.

The sec was ranked once they got to conference play. Take the sec championship game, the qb play was decidedly mediocre.  Bama had to convert a 4th and 31 against a bad team and now they are invincible.  

we will see on bowl games.  I am not sure how meaningful they will be with players skipping them and hitting the portal.

On 12/3/2023 at 5:52 PM, HLB said:

I said that I expected the FINAL FOUR to be 1. Michigan, 2. Washington, 3. Texas and 4. FSU.

And top-to-bottom, SEC was significantly better, as proven by the final CFP rankings.    The SEC has 6 teams in the final CFP poll, with 5 listed in the Top 13.

Those rankings are terribly flawed and everyone knows it.  The sec was down when playing other conferences, only up when playing conference games.  They deservedly have gotten credit over the years, it incorrectly spilled into this year.

This FSU snub is just their way of trying to keep this last shred of college football normalcy togetherh. They know that if the SEC is out, then the next thing is them looking for a way out of the whole structure. They are not afraid of the ACC's power, because they have none. Nor should they be, but it is just funny that within the space of a couple of years it went in both football and basketball from rewarding a team for a body of work to trying to keep the P5 happy. I don't think it's about rewarding the best teams, it's about money. They did a fair job of keeping up the facade for a long time, but the emperor has no clothes.

• Like 2

On 12/4/2023 at 11:56 AM, Mano said:

Why even play the games when the committee ignores the results? If I were affiliated with the FSU program,  I would be beyond pissed. 

I agree. Not fair or consistent, but no way the SEC gets left out.  As a fan, taking out the unfair treatment and hate of the SEC, would you rather watch Michigan take on Bama or FSU get smoked like TCU 2022 with a gimpy, no firepower team?

Norvell's statement:

“I am disgusted and infuriated with the committee’s decision today to have what was earned on the field taken away because a small group of people decided they knew better than the results of the games,” Norvell said in a statement. “What is the point of playing games? Do you tell players it is okay to quit if someone goes down? Do you not play a senior on Senior Day for fear of injury? Where is the motivation to schedule challenging non-conference games? We are not only an undefeated P5 conference champion, but we also played two P5 non-conference games away from home and won both of them. I don’t understand how we are supposed to think this is an acceptable way to evaluate a team.”

“I’m hurting for our players who have displayed a tremendous amount of resilience and response this season. What happened today goes against everything that is true and right in college football. A team that overcame tremendous adversity and found a way to win doing whatever it took on the field was cheated today. It’s a sad day for college football.”

“I’m proud of the work we have put in and the players I have the privilege to coach. We have one more opportunity to define this 2023 team in the Orange Bowl, and I believe in how our team will respond.”

On 12/4/2023 at 12:48 AM, HLB said:

Wow.

Infallible logic?  You asked why I saw Texas as "trending up", and I answered with a logical analysis.  And everyone on this message board questioned my words that Texas was trending up, by mocking me and laughing at me.

Where is Texas now?  Exactly as I said they would be - a team that has trended up.

You will see when they play Washington, Texas has not only caught up with Washington (who beat them in their bowl game last season), but because of the things I listed in answering your question last year (stronger recruiting classes, and better acquisitions in the transfer portal) has passed UW, in a long way.

Has Washington defeated a team the likes of Alabama, as Texas has?  No.

Washington hasn't won a playoff game, beaten anyone with an "elite" status, nor move the needle in CFB.  The only thing that Washington has done is win a conference championship in the nation's weakest P5 conference.  That's not making an impact on the national scene.

Texas is going to beat UW, badly, and perhaps those of you on the west coast can see the "gap" between what an elite team looks like, and what an everyday team (like Washington) looks like.  Texas has been moving into elite status.  Washington has not.

Infallible logic?  I think things have shown that the logic I explained has played out, true to form.  Texas is a team that has trended up and is trending up.  Washington is not trending up.  Texas will be a fixture in the playoffs, for the next few years.  Washington will not.

The only thing @utenation has done by bringing up my post from last year, is prove me right - Texas has trended up, and continues to trend up.

Your statement was that Texas would win the 2022 Alamo bowl because their recruiting ranking was "trending up" from #5 in 2022 to #5 in 2023 at the time. Sheer unabated idiocy.

On 12/4/2023 at 12:33 PM, trickydlck said:

Your statement was that Texas would win the 2022 Alamo bowl because their recruiting ranking was "trending up" from #5 in 2022 to #5 in 2023 at the time. Sheer unabated idiocy.

Last I checked UW is ranked #2 in the country. I guess that's trending down? UW was supposed to be taught a lesson last year by Texas. Didn't happen. But keep saying the ignorant same thing over and over, eventually it might happen. 

On 12/4/2023 at 12:38 PM, utenation said:

Last I checked UW is ranked #2 in the country. I guess that's trending down? UW was supposed to be taught a lesson last year by Texas. Didn't happen. But keep saying the ignorant same thing over and over, eventually it might happen. 

The analysis we have come to expect from that twat.