2016 -- and Beyond -- Basketball Recruiting

All Hail

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

There is a good chance he's going to be deemed ineligible. The word is USC moved on from him more than he moved on from USC

Where are you getting this information on ineligibility?  I'm not seeing it anywhere, nor any news at all as to why he'd be ineligible.  I mean, obviously it makes sense for USC to pull back from any PSA connected to Tony Bland, but how does this stain Cherry?

Did he accept money from USC, or USC intermediaries?  

Or, is this just another Bug wild ass guess to look negative for Oregon should he end up in Eugene?  

50/50, IMO, but I'm leaning toward the latter.

information from the LA Times.  Doesn't seem like a family in need of money to me, considering his grandpa went to USC and is a former GM of the Clippers.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/la-sp-usc-cherry-fbi-20171226-story.html

You think it's a Oregon conspiracy that a kid involved with a bribery scand am might be deemed ineligible? Despite the fact that Ucla is also involved with his recruitment as well? 

Tin foil hats aren't a good look. Besides, it's a bribery case, not an assault case

11 hours ago, PapaG said:

information from the LA Times.  Doesn't seem like a family in need of money to me, considering his grandpa went to USC and is a former GM of the Clippers.

Are you really naive enough to think that because the family isn’t “in need” of money means they wouldn’t take it if offered. There are millionaires everyday who play fast and loose with money they shouldn’t.  Welcome to capitalism, welcome to the stock market.  

12 hours ago, PapaG said:

29 minutes ago, All Hail said:

Are you really naive enough to think that because the family isn’t “in need” of money means they wouldn’t take it if offered. There are millionaires everyday who play fast and loose with money they shouldn’t.  Welcome to capitalism, welcome to the stock market.  

I'm not sure about the families others might know, but most I've come in contact with have the best interests of their kids as priority #1 (not like a certain ex-UCLA player dad).  There are a lot of ways people who have money get more, all of it not above board, but I'd wager that taking a huge chance with their kid's future isn't that typical and option.

15 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

You think it's a Oregon conspiracy that a kid involved with a bribery scand am might be deemed ineligible? Despite the fact that Ucla is also involved with his recruitment as well? 

Tin foil hats aren't a good look. Besides, it's a bribery case, not an assault case

No, I know from over 15 years of experience posting on boards with you that anything at all connected to the Ducks elicits weird and often incomprehensible posts from you that often are conspiratorial in nature.  Are you going to answer the question on why he may be ruled ineligible, or are we yet again letting another Bug WildAssGuess rumor presented as plausible be ignored by you after posting it?

10 hours ago, All Hail said:

Bug made an accusation that he hears there "is a good chance" Cherry will be ruled ineligible.  Is asking for more information about that borderline libel too much to ask?  If he has information, share it.  Again though, I'm going with my default Bug Gets Triggered By Anything Oregon assumption and think he just made it up with no other information to support it.

2 minutes ago, PapaG said:

No, I know from over 15 years of experience posting on boards with you that anything at all connected to the Ducks elicits weird and often incomprehensible posts from you that often are conspiratorial in nature.  Are you going to answer the question on why he may be ruled ineligible, or are we yet again letting another Bug WildAssGuess rumor presented as plausible be ignored by you after posting it?

If you are going to plead ignorance on the whole FBI bribery probe, why bother talking recruiting? I mean, is it that difficult to comprehend that a kid (or family member) who took money might not be allowed to play college basketball?

15 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

To prove my point about how in Bug's head UO is, he of course brings up his already-debunked "assault" slime of UO and Dana Altman.  

New drinking game:

When Papa does this, take a shot

• Mentions Triggers or Snowflake
  • Misappropriates a quote to someone else
  • Mentions someone having an obsession with Oregon, on a PAC-12 board
  • Goes on a random rank about something nobody mentions
  • Gets political at a random time
  • Ignores when people call him out for totally making up stuff

Let's be honest. We'd all be dead on a daily basis

1 minute ago, MrBug708 said:

If you are going to plead ignorance on the whole FBI bribery probe, why bother talking recruiting? I mean, is it that difficult to comprehend that a kid (or family member) who took money might not be allowed to play college basketball?

You said there is a "good chance" that Cherry will be ruled ineligible.  Upon which information are you basing this claim, Bug?  Either spit it out or admit you made it up.  It's not that difficult.

Just now, MrBug708 said:

New drinking game:

That's kind of funny, actually, and rather predictable since this is what you've done for 15 years when your bullshit gets called by me or a few other posters.  Go straight for the personal attack and not address the sports-related stuff you pulled out of your ass and posted.

1 minute ago, PapaG said:

You said there is a "good chance" that Cherry will be ruled ineligible.  Upon which information are you basing this claim, Bug?  Either spit it out or admit you made it up.  It's not that difficult.

Literally paying attention.

Take another 2 shots everyone!

2 minutes ago, MrBug708 said:

New drinking game:

Need to add another. Demand you answer his asinine take multiple times.

Just now, MrBug708 said:

Literally paying attention.

Take another 2 shots everyone!

So you're not going to back up your claim that there "is a good chance" Cherry will be ruled ineligible, even though his family denies any wrongdoing to the LA Times.  Totally not surprised at all.

Archived