2016 MLB thread

MrBug708

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mariners shake off historically embarrassing opener, take series from texas. not often we outslug the rangers in arlington, but we won games 2 and 3 10-2 and 9-5. 

cano with 4 HRs in the series, continuing his outstanding spring into the regular season. 

The bullpen is the only bright spot on the A's so far. SP is mediocre while the offense and defense are worst in the league bad. The A's have already lost 2 1-run games so far and easily led the league last year in such defeats. Defense is usually why teams lose close games and there have been two unearned runs in both close losses. I don't want to throw in the towel yet but this team does not pass the eye test at all.

Classic modern day Giants vs Dodgers game.  Dodgers totally outplay Giants but Giants somehow a way to win.  Sums of the last decade in a nutshell.  

The A's won a 1-run game!  Hooray!  The bullpen has been phenomenal.  Starters have been going about 4 and 2/3rds and the bullpen has been shutting down the opposing.  At least we're good at something. 

It was a great game.  I thought the Dodgers played with great poise and Kershaw refused to get flustered when the Giants made it easy to do so.  It's early but there's something about the Dodgers that just looks like a team poised to do great things this year.  Giants/Dodgers might very well end up being the two best teams in the NL.  Mets/Cubs being the other two capable NL teams.  

Quite the Story for the Rockies so far but didn't like the Padres taking the series this recent weekend.  I think Rockies fans will soon forget about Tulowitz although I still see people wearing Tulowitz jerseys to Coors Field.

Unlike the D-backs, I can't possibly see the Rockies start looking for a new stadium anytime soon.

Archived