2016 MLB thread

MrBug708

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough, but the point still stands:

At least the Yankess _had_ won.

True and I'll admit I'm going off memory, which often fails me, but didn't the Yankees start losing as soon as they increased their payroll past the 200 million threshold?  I seem to remember them winning championships -- obviously with one of the higher payrolls in all of MLB -- and then signing A-rod as well as a few others and getting a pretty poor return on their investment.  This went on for about 8 or so years before they finally (relatively) toned down their spending.  This is honestly all from memory and I could be 100% wrong about all of it (except the Yankees performing poorly part.) 

The Dodgers paid $100 million to guys that didn't even play for them last year & didn't even blink.

They don't get scared of risky contracts & injuries -- they literally eat them for breakfast.

Almost. They didn't want 6 years on Greinke but Iwakuma wasn't on a big contract

• 2 weeks later...

I've officially abandoned the Dodgers as my NL team of choice and am adopting the Giants.  Between ridiculous spending on questionable players (at best), and fans stabbing people, I can't take it anymore.

Go Orange and Black!

It's an even year, which means you choose a good time to adopt the orange and black.  

It's an even year, which means you choose a good time to adopt the orange and black.  

And SF just received the kiss of death in the form of my fanhood.  I'm a Blazers fan (no titles since my birth in 1978) and Beaver fan (nuff said), and I became a Dodgers fan following the WS in 88....guess how many pennants they've won since.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure it was hilarious to watch Randy Johnson stand in the batting box trying to hit a pitch.

As a Rockies fan, I'd have loved to see the Rockies have a DH during the pre-humiditior days.  As a baseball fan, it gives me a reason to stay in the seats instead of going to the bathroom when the pitcher at bat.

"Proponents of the designated-hitter rule are so very vocal about how unenjoyable it is to watch pitchers hit, but the people who actually watch the pitchers hit all year are perfectly fine with it."

http://www.mccoveychronicles.com/2016/1/21/10810674/national-league-dh-giants?utm_campaign=mccoveychron&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Archived