ESPN All Pac 12 - No Goff, No Shit

KUGRDON

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the writers are going to have a WSU bias.  lol  We already know the coaches have a bias against "system" players.

You incorrectly assumed the merits of my argument. If the writers knew as much about football as the coaches, they would be the ones making millions of dollars.  It's that simple.  Thus, I trust the coaches.  You are free to speculate all you please about bias.  

Just take a look at the percentage of total offense stats for Booker and Falk. WSU didn't have a freeman let alone a Griffin or even Benoit to go with Falk. Wilson was not that great of an addition to Booker. VAJ had lots of help.

Since I just watched the WSU Oregon game again I'll point out that Faulk took the cougars to a touchdown drive in the last 1:44 of the first half and two scores in the final 5:44 of the fourth quarter tossing a touchdown pass with one second left, running for a touchdown in the first overtime and passing for a touchdown in the second overtime. This was but one of four fourth-quarter comeback drives for Falk. In addition, going into the Husky game WSU was number one in the nation in red zone scoring efficiency almost wholly attributable to Falk.

Just take a look at the percentage of total offense stats for Booker and Falk. WSU didn't have a freeman let alone a Griffin or even Benoit to go with Falk. Wilson was not that great of an addition to Booker. VAJ had lots of help.

Since I just watched the WSU Oregon game again I'll point out that Faulk took the cougars to a touchdown drive in the last 1:44 of the first half and two scores in the final 5:44 of the fourth quarter tossing a touchdown pass with one second left, running for a touchdown in the first overtime and passing for a touchdown in the second overtime. This was but one of four fourth-quarter comeback drives for Falk. In addition, going into the Husky game WSU was number one in the nation in red zone scoring efficiency almost wholly attributable to Falk.

So you're saying the guy that gets to decide whether it's a run or a pass should be lauded for always calling his own number? Not impressed.

let's say royce freeman did suit up for the cougs. does falk still throw at least 50 times a game? uh, yes. that's how leachball is set up. in lieu of a consistent ground game leach has his quarterbacks take half their attempts within 5 yards of the LOS or less, which spikes their completions, attempts, completion %, and, yes, total offense. it's a choice, but there's really not a whole lot of difference between a handoff that goes for 20 yards and a simple pass 2 yards beyond the LOS that a receiver can then slip through a tackle and gain 20 yards. 

of course, if you just watched the oregon game, you also saw the cougs gain AT LEAST 100 yards on the ground those final two drives of regulation. you fucking gashed us. leach saw us dropping 8 and made the right call to go to the ground game.

falk's 4th quarter comebacks are a nice stat. do they mean more than vernon adams playing well enough to take leads INTO the 4th quarter, and continue to make plays to keep said leads? do they mean more than christian mcafferey blowing games open with big plays time and again? or cal, who may have gone 2-10 without jared goff? falk (or booker) is only the "no-brainer" option if you happen to be a fan of one of those teams. honestly, since peyton bender managed to go 36/58 in his very first start against one of the pac-12's best defenses (36/58 would HAVE to be single game top 10 in completions and attempts at every other school in the pac-12 -- andrew luck and marcus mariota never completed 36 passes in a game, or chucked it 58 times), i'm pretty sure leach's plug-n-play system would still have found a qb capable of getting it bowl eligible. 

imo.

It didn't work nearly so well for Connor Halliday. . .Or any other of the leach quarterbacks.

Hate to break it to you but last year Connor had only 400 less yards than Luke this year with 2+ less games so in that sense it seemed to work out for Connor. Unless you mean it didn't work out for him in the sense that leach system qb's seem to get hurt alot, then no it didn't work out for him.

Archived