C/O 2017 Recruiting Thread

MrBug708

Tate is an Adidas guy so well see if that plays into things. He's pretty high on OSU since hes from Ohio originally. I do wonder if getting him gets his "brother", Tyjon Lindsey, though he just moved away, to Corona.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tate is an Adidas guy so well see if that plays into things. He's pretty high on OSU since hes from Ohio originally. I do wonder if getting him gets his "brother", Tyjon Lindsey, though he just moved away, to Corona.

So you're saying he likes ugly unis that are behind the times in technology? I can see being a UA or Nike guy, but at this point adidas is competing with Russell.

can anyone really be an adidas guy, though.

Apparently. He's coached by ****** Clarkson, whose camps are adidas. And he's an army AA, which is also Adidas all star game. He committed to TAMU, which was an Adidas school. Some kids like it.

Sounds like you know this guy pretty well.  Fill us in! 

Kelley was very torn between ASU and Oregon, but was enamored with Scott Frost's pitch at Oregon last fall and came off the board earlier than he would have liked.  Yes he has a serious girlfriend, but Frost's departure and Kelley's connection with the ASU football program were what turned the tide here.  (Kelley has spent a lot of time around the program in recent years.) 

was maybe 10% of his decision but whatever helps you justify it

I'm not an Oregon fan. We finished runner up to Oregon bit he was a Mazzone guy so we were never in it the second time around. But whatever helps you justify it. Just be thankful he isn't going to a ASU solely because of grades ;)

I'm not an Oregon fan. We finished runner up to Oregon bit he was a Mazzone guy so we were never in it the second time around. But whatever helps you justify it. Just be thankful he isn't going to a ASU solely because of grades ;)

Not gonna get into a pissing contest, but my info is coming straight from his coaching staff.  It was Oregon 1, and ASU a close second.  The coach that recruited him to ASU last year was Mike Norvell, so your Mazzone theory doesn't hold water. 

Archived