C/O 2017 Recruiting Thread

MrBug708

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WSU landed two four star recruits for the offense this weekend at Junior Day during spring practice.

4* QB Conner Neville, Wilsonville Oregon.  Neville is the starting quarterback for EForce Football's Oregon Breed, the top 7-on-7 program in the state, and is coached by former Washington State star quarterback Alex Brink.  Last season, Neville was 199-of-309 (64.6 completion percentage), throwing for 3,110 yards and 37 touchdowns with eight interceptions.

4* OT Dantae Powell, Richland, WA,  6'6" 300#.

Previously

3* CB/FS Tayari Venable, 6'1" 170#, Rancho Cucamonga, CA.

elijiah molden says uo and stanford neck-and-neck right now. grew up an oregon fan, but the stanford education looms large. his best friend signed to play baseball for stanford, too.

imo it'll come down to how the defense looks under brady hoke.

• 2 weeks later...

They already have a good prospect in Huntre Echols for the DE. I've read on the SC boards that he'll flip. I'm not really positive on that, but last year at this time, Mique Juarez was a Trojan while Michael Pittman was still a Bruin. The top DE in CA, Jelean Phillips, likes UCLA a lot and has a parent who is an alum, but because of his grades, Stanford might be in the driver seat. He's the #6 DE in the nation. UCLA also seems like in a good spot for DJ Johnson, a DE out of Sacramento. UCLA was doing well early on, but he's since blown up and I'm not sure if they still lead right now.

Maybe I'll do offense at a later time. There is a great defensive class out west

UCLA lands the #6 DE, Jelean Phillips!

In other news, UW landed 4* WR Terrell Bynum

QB recruiting is different then the rest. You almost need to commit early to get your spot and build the players you want, but a lot of these kids want to visit other places still, meaning committed is not really committed even though you might be.

Speaking of QB recruiting, UCLA finally offered Jack Sears.

Martell is just playing the game as he should.  It's the same game schools play with recruits.  Fanboys get too emotional and don't understand how the game works, which leads to stupid comments like, "why commit when you're still looking around."  

I don't really understand why they have "commitments", but if you're given X official visits, why not take em all?

That said, Tate Martell has been in the spotlight waaaaay too long. I had just assumed he was in the class of 16.

Arizona is off to one of the best starts in recruiting I can remember and it can be largely attributed to the youth infusion on the defensive staff. Marcel Yates, Donte Williams, Vince Amey, and Jahmille Addae have all put a big emphasis on recruiting when a couple members on the previous staff didn't like recruiting at all. Greg Johnson committed pretty early and RR wants him to play CB and RB. Nathan Tilford was recruited as a RB and were in the running for some big names that usually dont even mention Arizona. 

UW gets 2nd commitment of day, from Alex Cook, a 3* WR out of Sacramento.  He had offers from every public school in the PAC 12 (except ASU) and from Michigan. 

Though early, UW has the #1 class in the PAC 12 on Rivals (16th overall) & Scout (17th).

Archived