C/O 2017 Recruiting Thread

MrBug708

Mike Norvell never coached at ucla

Scott Frost recruited Ryan Kelley to Oregon.  Mike Norvell recruited Ryan Kelley to ASU.  Noel Mazzone recruited Ryan Kelley to UCLA.  Kelley narrowly chooses Oregon over ASU.  Scott Frost leaves Oregon.  Norvell leaves ASU.  Mazzone leaves UCLA.  Kelley decommits from Oregon and quickly chooses ASU.  At no point in the process was Kelley close to committing to UCLA, and UCLA was never a runner up for his commitment.

Your post suggested that UCLA was not an option the second time around because Mazzone was gone.  Norvell was also gone, so by your logic ASU would not have been an option either.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

um, yes.

same answer applies. i doubt he's mad about a coach who's never beaten the school he roots for. todd graham just has a certain reputation.

I know, odd question.  Its just been my experience that the overwhelming majority of Oregon fans who run their mouths never actually stepped foot on campus. 

Graham's reputation is interesting.  Particularly the part where he is a shit bag because he job hops... as he enters his 5th year at ASU.

Scott Frost recruited Ryan Kelley to Oregon. Mike Norvell recruited Ryan Kelley to ASU. Noel Mazzone recruited Ryan Kelley to UCLA. Kelley narrowly chooses Oregon over ASU. Scott Frost leaves Oregon. Norvell leaves ASU. Mazzone leaves UCLA. Kelley decommits from Oregon and quickly chooses ASU. At no point in the process was Kelley close to committing to UCLA, and UCLA was never a runner up for his commitment.

Your post suggested that UCLA was not an option the second time around because Mazzone was gone. Norvell was also gone, so by your logic ASU would not have been an option either.

Ucla was runner up to Oregon the first time around. You may dispute that, that's fine doesn't bother me we both initially lost. Ucla was never an option the second time around because the draw to ucla was Mazzone and he isn't here. Asu might have lost Norvell, but he's a local kid. A girl is a strong draw and helped him stay local. You seem to be arguing a point I've already conceded, ucla was not a factor this time around. Had ucla still had Mazzone we might be having a different convo. But it's not the way and ASU has a nice talent.

San Jose, California running back Cyrus Habibi-Likio has accepted a football scholarship from Washington State over a variety of other offers.

Among the schools who hoped to land Habibi-Likio were Boise State, BYU, Iowa State and others.

Habibi-Likio certainly fits the "Nevada Back" physical profile that WSU running backs coach Jim Mastro covets: The high school junior is 6-foot-1, 200-pound. He rushed for 17 touchdowns and more than 1,400 yards last season, and is ranked the No. 70 running back in the country by Scout.

Some video At link.

http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/sportslink/2016/may/03/wsu-lands-three-star-running-back/

Davis Webb was granted admission to a Cal graduate program and immediately committed to Cal.  Sorry Buffs. 

Mel Kiper has him as the #1 senior QB in the nation (sorry Luke Falk.)  This does wonders for Cal's expectations.

With our weapons at RB and on the outside as well as the best offensive line in the past decade at Cal, we were 1 QB away from having a very potent offense.  

Davis Webb was granted admission to a Cal graduate program and immediately committed to Cal.  Sorry Buffs. 

Mel Kiper has him as the #1 senior QB in the nation (sorry Luke Falk.)  This does wonders for Cal's expectations.

With our weapons at RB and on the outside as well as the best offensive line in the past decade at Cal, we were 1 QB away from having a very potent offense.

Luke's not a senior, no apologies necessary.

the shear repetitiveness of his name just *seems* like its been going on since the W administration.

the pac-12 north is shaping up to be what everybody thought the pac-12 south was going to be last year. gonna be a bloodbath. 

Started 15 games, 3 in Freshman year and 12 last year as a redshirt sophomore. I doubt you heard of him before that.

See GL's comment.  With the amount of times he's been brought on up this board, I thought for sure he would have been a senior by now.  

Archived