Sports Uniform/Sponsorship Thread

PAC MAN

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, WestSider said:

Cal's uniform for this weekend are pretty damn beautiful imo. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owND73-at7c&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Very similar to their 03-07 throwbacks. But yeah, nice! I liked last week's a lot, too.

http://uniformcritics.com/football/college/cal-golden-bears/2003-2007-cal-blue-on-gold-uniform-throwback-retro-vintage/

Guess CSU is desperate for attention in Colorado. :lol:

Just imagine UCLA or Cal having California state flag theme on their uniforms.  

And since Pepsi blue color isn't found on Utah's campus, let's also rule out a flag themed uniform for the Utes as well.

image.png.6785de76f469a18a032b4cb38601763c.png

I don't think anyone outside of the Academies can actually pull off a flag on their helmet. The off putting thing about CSU's helmet, imo, is that the Colorado flag is not a particularly recognizable flag. So it kind of just looks like a random alternate. Then again, few state flags outside of California and Texas are truly recognizable. 

2 hours ago, WestSider said:

I don't think anyone outside of the Academies can actually pull off a flag on their helmet. The off putting thing about CSU's helmet, imo, is that the Colorado flag is not a particularly recognizable flag. So it kind of just looks like a random alternate. Then again, few state flags outside of California and Texas are truly recognizable. 

I'll have to disagree with that.  Just look at some state flags with letters on them and tell me which ones are they.  Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Texas, California, Ohio, and South Carolina are good examples of what to do with a flag.

950px-Map_of_the_United_States_with_flags.svg.png

1 hour ago, Jalapeno said:

I'll have to disagree with that.  Just look at some state flags with letters on them and tell me which ones are they.  Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Texas, California, Ohio, and South Carolina are good examples of what to do with a flag.

950px-Map_of_the_United_States_with_flags.svg.png

Oregon is a good example of what not to do with a state flag.  Really what were the state of Oregon founders thinking, let's make a ugly plain flag, and while we are at it let's make the ugliest state capital building you can think of.  Oh and let's just for kicks name our two universities mascots the Beavers and the Ducks.  

10 hours ago, RogueDuck said:

Oregon is a good example of what not to do with a state flag.  Really what were the state of Oregon founders thinking, let's make a ugly plain flag, and while we are at it let's make the ugliest state capital building you can think of.  Oh and let's just for kicks name our two universities mascots the Beavers and the Ducks.  

07fc212952074cbc202deb205beb277ef83c6c92

13 hours ago, RogueDuck said:

I won't argue that the state of Oregon flag is terrible, and it has that stupid rodent on the back side (flags with two different sides are silly anyway), but Oregon's capitol building is one of the most beautiful in the nation, and i think it's the only art-deco style state capitol. it's quite unique.

2362706173_bd7aab4bbd_b.jpg

The original Salem building, which was gutted by fire in 1935, was a typical nondescript Greco-Roman neo-classical U.S. state capitol. 

old-state-capitol.jpg

It's always in the eye of the beholder, but when I visited Des Moines when I was 10, I was amazed by their capitol building, and still love it.

Des Moines in general is an impressive looking city for its size.  It's only got about 100,000 more people than Eugene, but its skyline dwarfs Duckland.

EastVillage.jpg

635785475852775602-DESBrd-08-30-2015-DMR

1 hour ago, Orange said:

It's always in the eye of the beholder, but when I visited Des Moines when I was 10, I was amazed by their capitol building, and still love it.

Des Moines in general is an impressive looking city for its size.  It's only got about 100,000 more people than Eugene, but its skyline dwarfs Duckland.

EastVillage.jpg

635785475852775602-DESBrd-08-30-2015-DMR

Those damn insurance and finance corporations.

Archived