NBA 2017-18 Thread

PapaG

53 minutes ago, glduck said:

i respect sexington’s unbridaled optimism, i was born on the other end of the spectrum. i just assume my team will lose most games.

Pfthfthfthfth. I contribute to a couple of SEC boards. You wanna see homerism?

I'm just not going to fear a matchup just because my team might not win. 

The Thunder haven't shown that they can beat the Jazz. The score differential has increased with every game, favoring Utah. 

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Chad Sexington said:

Tough to give up a 25 point lead. 

That's what young teams do. I remember the first time the Warriors made the playoffs with our current group and we were up 15 points in SA with 4 minutes left. Then, the Spurs hit a bunch of 3's and our guys stopped doing the things that were working and panicked.  I saw the exact same thing happen to Utah last night.  Rubio and Mitchell were pretty awful down the stretch.  

Game 6 is a must win for Utah or they will lose game 7 in OKC. 

11 hours ago, All Hail said:

That's what young teams do. I remember the first time the Warriors made the playoffs with our current group and we were up 15 points in SA with 4 minutes left. Then, the Spurs hit a bunch of 3's and our guys stopped doing the things that were working and panicked.  I saw the exact same thing happen to Utah last night.  Rubio and Mitchell were pretty awful down the stretch.  

Game 6 is a must win for Utah or they will lose game 7 in OKC. 

Yes. They got up big and then they played lazy and sloppy basketball. They need the kill instinct. They need it Friday or they're done. 

On 4/24/2018 at 1:44 PM, utenation said:

OKC trying to intimidate Utah and get rough.  Lol. Not working out so far.  

I think OKC fights for their life tomorrow and pulls off a close win. Utah finishes them off in game 6 in SLC.

Utah will lose to Houston in 6 games. This season is a win/win considering the loss of Hayward, Hill and others.

Donovan is already a living god in Utah and hes so fun to watch. Its been a fun year.

Boy, it sucks being right. 

11 minutes ago, All Hail said:

Nice.  I pretty much said the same thing and even added that game 6 would be really close. 

You said Utah would get blown out  in game 5. The ending was close but lets be honest, giving up a 25 point lead and win by 7 or 8 is pretty much an ass kicking in the 4th quarter. I also agree youth played a factor in game 5 but the best defender in the league in foul trouble most of the second half was a huge factor.  Overall I think you nailed it.

3 minutes ago, utenation said:

You said Utah would get blown out  in game 5. The ending was close but lets be honest, giving up a 25 point lead and win by 7 or 8 is pretty much an ass kicking in the 4th quarter. I also agree youth played a factor in game 5 but the best defender in the league in foul trouble most of the second half was a huge factor.  Overall I think you nailed it.

Yeah, I didn’t nail it perfectly but almost.

i will say the Jazz were very fortunate that Paul George wasn’t awarded 3 free-throws on that final shot.  There was clearly contact.  

Mitchell is truly amazing.  He gets better by the day and is an obvious superstar in the making.  I still believe he is better than Simmons.  I’d like to see Simmons win with this Utah team.  I don’t think he would  have nearly the impact as he is surrounded by shooters and scorers.  Mitchell gets doubled almost every possession.  Mitchell consistently made PG look bad on defense and he is an elite defender. 

17 minutes ago, All Hail said:

Yeah, I didn’t nail it perfectly but almost.

i will say the Jazz were very fortunate that Paul George wasn’t awarded 3 free-throws on that final shot.  There was clearly contact.  

Mitchell is truly amazing.  He gets better by the day and is an obvious superstar in the making.  I still believe he is better than Simmons.  I’d like to see Simmons win with this Utah team.  I don’t think he would  have nearly the impact as he is surrounded by shooters and scorers.  Mitchell gets doubled almost every possession.  Mitchell consistently made PG look bad on defense and he is an elite defender. 

That was a foul on PG on that shot. Refs swallowed the whistle. That’s Harden’s favorite play. There were plenty of bad or no calls against the Jazz in the series so it probably evened out in the end.

Houston is a horrible matchup for Utah. I see a couple of wins in SLC but Houston should doninate. Everyone knew from day one that it would be Houston/GS at the end.

7 hours ago, utenation said:

That was a foul on PG on that shot. Refs swallowed the whistle. That’s Harden’s favorite play. There were plenty of bad or no calls against the Jazz in the series so it probably evened out in the end.

Houston is a horrible matchup for Utah. I see a couple of wins in SLC but Houston should doninate. Everyone knew from day one that it would be Houston/GS at the end.

It'll definitely be a challenge for Utah, but I think the Jazz are also a challenge for Houston. I don't think the Jazz have enough to take down the Rox, but it will be a fun series. 

Gee whiz... Remember when GS was getting their ass kicked the second half off the season.  Lol. Looked like Kerr was asleep on the bench. All the late season “injuries”.

All the talking heads saying “they’re in trouble”.. Bunch of sandbagging bastards. Bet NO wishes they were going to Portland again.

13 hours ago, utenation said:

Gee whiz... Remember when GS was getting their ass kicked the second half off the season.  Lol. Looked like Kerr was asleep on the bench. All the late season “injuries”.

All the talking heads saying “they’re in trouble”.. Bunch of sandbagging bastards. Bet NO wishes they were going to Portland again.

Spurs did that too back in their day. Sloan never did and Utah doesn't have a championship. Sloan was the Eddard Stark of the NBA back then. 

that pelicans/warriors game should be stricken from the record. it was well into the 4th quarter and i still found myself getting confused that the home team was in grey and the road team was wearing their whites. 

Archived