OSU @ CSU

PAC MAN

2 hours ago, Scscsc89 said:

Yeah. Unfortunately, all the people that gave Colorado State 11s & 12s also gave Stanford 1s & 2s over Rice.

The confidence points system is fuzzy. Every year I read it and it makes no sense. Probably why I lose every year. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Utefan1211 said:

The confidence points system is fuzzy. Every year I read it and it makes no sense. Probably why I lose every year. 

It gets someone every season.  

Just remember: give the MOST points to the games you're MOST confident in.

10 hours ago, dtd said:

OS has now played 25 games under Gary Andersen. They have 6 wins, with 2 coming against FCS opponents, and 0 road wins. 

He has received a lot of good press for that.  But Leach had only won 9 through 25 with a bowl game then slipped back to 3-9 the following year.  It takes time when you go in the dumpster.  Then again, OSU didn't go full dumpster with Riley the way WSU did with Wulff.

20 hours ago, dtd said:

OS has now played 25 games under Gary Andersen. They have 6 wins, with 2 coming against FCS opponents, and 0 road wins. 

Mike MacIntyre won six in his first 25 games as HC of the Buffs.

So that makes OSU the North Champs in 2018 or 2019? B)

On 8/26/2017 at 4:40 PM, Card Tricks said:

I fully expect the typical Game 1 overreactions to follow. The Beavers still suck. Oregon State will once again be the doormat of the Pac-12. Pretty sure I even saw a poster earlier who said they'd be shocked if the Beavs won more than 2 games this year. And yet there are two things we know to be as true as time itself: Week 1 means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things and Gary Anderson's squads always improve over time. 

Mark my words: Oregon State is going bowling this season. And they're going to beat someone they have no business beating. I had this game down as a loss before kickoff and the results have done nothing to change my mind on the Beavers' prospects for 2017. I will admit, I expected a much closer game than 58-27. So did just about everybody. But there are teachable moments in every loss (even blowouts) and I expect this to be an early wakeup call for Gary Anderson and his program. They will rebound, they will improve, and by the time we wrap up the regular season, they will be on their way to a bowl game for the first time in four years. 

I wish I shared your optimism about the team after that game.  I was on the road (annual camping trip with a buddy; this year it was Lassen Nat'l Park) and just saw updates.  But if we're getting blown out by Colorado Fucking State, I don't care how much improving we do.  We're not bowling this year.

I do believe you're correct in that we will definitely win a game we have no business winning.  Hell, even the 1980s OSU Beavers beat Washington once.  Doesn't mean shit for how well this team will do overall.

I post this with the desperate hope that I'll have egg on my face come November.  Perhaps an inexperienced QB with first-game jitters, and we bounce back and win 7 games?  Perhaps.  But not terribly likely.  Our defensive line sounds like it was already weak and has now been decimated.  We're going to need perfection from a QB to win more than 4 games this year, and it doesn't look like we'll get perfection.

56 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

Org to be fair, CSU had like four OL starters back from the previous season.  Best of luck against Portland State.

They were still starters at CSU, right?  They didn't transfer in from Alabama, or even a P5 team anywhere.

Fuck CSU, they're a garbage program and we had no business losing to them, much less by 3 scores.  If CU loses to them I'd chalk it up to a rivalry (and the fact that CU has a long recent history of sucking).

Archived