Dana Altman and rape investigations

MrBug708

13 minutes ago, glduck said:

so it should be pretty apparent by now that i'm not on altman's side for this.

but you two are clearly trolling Papa, and it's doing a disservice to your argument. recruiting players with known sexual misconduct is wrong, and to do it again after the first instance blew up in your face is both stupid and wrong. that right there wins the argument.

Didn't it come out the KBW's accusation wasn't known at the time he came to Oregon and only surfaced late last season?

Also, as previously mentioned, two of the three players that slut falsely accused because her dad was embarrassed his groupie daughter got trained by three players at a party and it spread across campus within a day, and then had sex with Joe Young the next morning, are with NBA teams and never got charged.

College students had consensual sex, this slut then lied about it, and the three players are booted from the programs without ever being charged with a crime.

Bug and All Hail would make great fascists.  Due process, due smrossess.  Lock up the black guys and boot them out for having group sex because some slut is embarrassed she basically had group sex in public

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, glduck said:

so it should be pretty apparent by now that i'm not on altman's side for this.

but you two are clearly trolling Papa, and it's doing a disservice to your argument. recruiting players with known sexual misconduct is wrong, and to do it again after the first instance blew up in your face is both stupid and wrong. that right there wins the argument.

Trolling him produces indefensible quotes that are hilarious to read and respond to.  Also, regardless of how I choose to broach the subject I don't see how it does any disservice to my argument.  Unless, wait, are you trolling me now? Bastard!

i misspoke -- thank you -- bigby-williams' alleged incident happened after his recruitment was over and he was already enrolled and a member of the basketball team. so we didn't recruit him knowing he was under investigation, as we did with brandon austin. my mistake. 

where i think the whole university dropped the ball -- UOPD, the president, altman -- was that it was known by everyone a few days after the incident (in late september) that something occurred in wyoming, and nobody did anything. the UOPD knew the police in wyoming were trying to get in contact with bigby-williams. the UOPD told altman and the athletic department. and nothing was done. this coming off the heels of the austin/artis/dotson thing, it's a very bad look.

i still have not read the article at the top of this thread, for the record. this is just info that was released last summer when the news broke to everyone else. from what i've gathered, the university comes off even worse in the article. 

1 minute ago, All Hail said:

Trolling him produces indefensible quotes that are hilarious to read and respond to.  Also, regardless of how I choose to broach the subject I don't see how it does any disservice to my argument.  Unless, wait, are you trolling me now? Bastard!

i just meant saying silly things like rapists don't end up on certain campuses totally threw me off topic. palo alto, one of the campuses you mentioned that don't have rapists, had their swimming program rocked by one of the biggest campus rape cases of the last few years. 

37 minutes ago, glduck said:

i just meant saying silly things like rapists don't end up on certain campuses totally threw me off topic. palo alto, one of the campuses you mentioned that don't have rapists, had their swimming program rocked by one of the biggest campus rape cases of the last few years. 

They have had one rapist in their entire AD in the past what, 50 years? That was the point. If you end up with rapists and sexual predators on a reoccurring basis, there's clearly more to it than just a bad look. If your program of 13 athletes consistently has more such issues than your entire football team of 60+ athletes, there is a problem.  

1 hour ago, All Hail said:

They have had one rapist in their entire AD in the past what, 50 years? That was the point. If you end up with rapists and sexual predators on a reoccurring basis, there's clearly more to it than just a bad look. If your program of 13 athletes consistently has more such issues than your entire football team of 60+ athletes, there is a problem.  

Brock Turner was not only on the team, but given the lightest sentence I can imagine for a forcible rape.  At least in Eugene, they actually send guilty rapists to prison.

And I guarantee there's been more than one rapist.  Cultures of silence on campuses seem to permeate these days.  According to you, there need not be a conviction for a rapist to lurk....

2 hours ago, All Hail said:

you see, i don't disagree with what you're saying... or your point at large... i just didn't/don't understand why we're gifting free passes to other universities and packaging that into the equation. that's what came off as a troll job in the original post i responded to. we've gone from stanford having "no" incidents, to now they've had "one", and now i'll point out that david shaw got into hot water during stanford's last rose bowl run for playing a kid all year who was accused of rape the summer prior to the season starting. so you say big deal, now they've had two in 50 years... and then i google their baseball team, and then it's so what, they've had four in 50 years...

i'm gonna go ahead and back out of this, it really doesn't have anything to do with the subject at hand, of which we agree. 

1 hour ago, Orange said:

Brock Turner was not only on the team, but given the lightest sentence I can imagine for a forcible rape.  At least in Eugene, they actually send guilty rapists to prison.

And I guarantee there's been more than one rapist.  Cultures of silence on campuses seem to permeate these days.  According to you, there need not be a conviction for a rapist to lurk....

lol.  Whatever you say Org.  I was basing this off of rapists we can quantify and those that seem to more consistently bring them to a college campus.  I suppose I'm not the only one trolling on this thread. 

6 minutes ago, glduck said:

you see, i don't disagree with what you're saying... or your point at large... i just didn't/don't understand why we're gifting free passes to other universities and packaging that into the equation. that's what came off as a troll job in the original post i responded to. we've gone from stanford having "no" incidents, to now they've had "one", and now i'll point out that david shaw got into hot water during stanford's last rose bowl run for playing a kid all year who was accused of rape the summer prior to the season starting. so you say big deal, now they've had two in 50 years... and then i google their baseball team, and then it's so what, they've had four in 50 years...

i'm gonna go ahead and back out of this, it really doesn't have anything to do with the subject at hand, of which we agree. 

My original point was about how one man -- Dana Altman -- seems to have recruited far more sexual predators to campus than any other coach in the conference.  I honestly didn't realize Stanford has had so many incidents on their campus, which is troubling but at least these incidents seem to be interspersed between programs and there doesn't appear to be a single entity or person recruiting these types of people to Stanford's campus.  

4 hours ago, PapaG said:

College students had consensual sex, this slut then lied about it, and the three players are booted from the programs without ever being charged with a crime.

Bug and All Hail would make great fascists.  Due process, due smrossess.  Lock up the black guys and boot them out for having group sex because some slut is embarrassed she basically had group sex in public

Jesus Christ, no wonder you like Altman.

2 hours ago, All Hail said:

lol.  Whatever you say Org.  I was basing this off of rapists we can quantify and those that seem to more consistently bring them to a college campus.  I suppose I'm not the only one trolling on this thread. 

Which convicted rapists has Oregon had while they were an athlete at the school?

Speaking of "hilarious" posts, you shoving your head up your Ass and saying they don't have rapists in Palo Alto in light of the Brock Turner rape, and subsequent joke punishment, is one of the most stupid and "hilarious" posts I've read on this board.

You can deny it all you want, but you obviously don't believe in due process for student-athletes who have simply been accused, let alone arrested and/or convicted of sexual assault.  

Thanks for the laughs. 

1 hour ago, MrBug708 said:

She was a well-known groupie who had sex with many athletes on campus.  Her dad found out Little Angel got gang-banged at a party with people watching after she said she wanted it, her reputation at UO was trashed, so she started her lies.  Why do you think literally nobody vouched for her story?  She was a slut at the time, as were the players.  Sluts have sex.  I know that concept seems scary to you.  You and All Hail's lies and half-truths are basically a smear campaign.  I haven't named this false accuser, although I certainly could because my neighbor's daughter was at UO at the time and knows the story so I know her name, her reputation, and how she became a laughingstock on campus who nobody trusted after her lies.

None of this was said to anyone before she went over to Joe Young's place the morning after the party and fucked him, too, I may add.  Consensual sex with 4 men in about a 12 hour span.  That's a slut.  The three guys who consensually had sex with her at once are sluts.  

The one bad decision was the Providence transfer, I agree, but he has never been charged or arrested for rape, let alone convicted. 

Libeling people as sex offenders based merely on an accusation is disgusting, IMO.

Based on that, Bill Clinton should never have been President since he was accused multiple times by Democrat women of rape and sexual assault dating back to his Oxford days.  I'm guessing you don't hold him to the same standard.

so i read the article (finally). papa is right that brandon austin was the only athlete recruited with a checkered past. i'm sure altman was going for the "second chance" approach, tho a.) there are some things i really wish wouldn't fall under the "second chance" umbrella, and b.) taking on brandon austin obviously blew up in oregon's face.

i still feel altman/the athletic department/the university mishandled the dotson/artis and bigby-williams things; both instances reek of cover up and/or blind negligence to the point of absurdity in the face of winning a few basketball games. it's baffling, to me, how the university could botch such a thing after all they went through after dotson/artis. 

What about Brian Banks? Did you want him commuting from jail on his yard time? That's like my ultra conservative friends who post videos of those two black woman who love Trump, an exception is not the rule. Here is a name for you, Brandon Banks. Vanderbilt football player.

And that link about Cal probably strengthened AH point and basically scoffed PapaG's blame the slut defense because sexually active woman can't obviously be raped or trusted. But it was an unsympathetic coach who trusted his player more. That might be the opposite of what you wanted to portray, but I think you were title surfing and posted it without reading too much into it, but I suspect you might just do that

9 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

What about Brian Banks? Did you want him commuting from jail on his yard time? That's like my ultra conservative friends who post videos of those two black woman who love Trump, an exception is not the rule. Here is a name for you, Brandon Banks. Vanderbilt football player.

And that link about Cal probably strengthened AH point and basically scoffed PapaG's blame the slut defense because sexually active woman can't obviously be raped or trusted. But it was an unsympathetic coach who trusted his player more. That might be the opposite of what you wanted to portray, but I think you were title surfing and posted it without reading too much into it, but I suspect you might just do that

I never said that sexually active women can't be raped or assaulted, liar.  I said this sexually active slut at UO wasn't raped and made a false accusation when her reputation got destroyed, yet still managed to get hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars.  She'll need it, because everyone that knows her from her UO days wouldn't hire her since she can't be trusted.  She basically ruined the lives of three men, whom you and All Hail are smearing as rapists based on literally zero legal justification.  I hope your son doesn't get falsely accused someday, but if he does, I expect you to believe to accuser over your own child, even if no arrests are ever made or charges ever filed.

When you have to lie to make your point, Bug, you don't really have a point, do you?

17 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

Just going to quote this again. I think it's an adequate response to more of your nonsense. I also appreciate your last line about lies, I'm not sure if you meant to call yourself put so badly, but it is funny. Since you decided to make it so personal, I will say this, if my son is blessed with athleticism I'm basketball, I will be quite worried if Altman starts recruiting him as nobody can find potential sexual assaulters like Dana. It would certainly make me pause and reexamine how I am raising my son and wonder where I went wrong. Ill take it one more PapaG step and say this. I'm pretty sure Altman will have stepped in some mess big enough, like briles, pitino, or bliss, to where he wont be coaching in basketball at that level anymore. Of that I have no doubt. 

Archived