2019 NFL

KUGRDON

1 hour ago, glduck said:

Clowney’s made 3 Pro Bowls in 5 seasons, he’s not *quite* as milquetoast as your normal Jim Mora fare, but yes, his motor has (legitimately) been questioned since college. I think most are viewing this as a one-year rental, hopefully playing for a big payday will get us Motivated Clowney and we’ll send him on his merry way once the season ends.

Also on the table: he’ll stub his big toe and miss 9 weeks.

Eh, Mora has had some studs go through, Anthony Barr's 4 pro bowls to his name as one of the main ones, but I'm not sure how deserved any of those pro bowls are when you are a pass rushing end who doesn't have a single year of double digits sacks. But I guess a third round is about accurate, but a far cry from his draft position

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

He’ll get more than he would have and maybe more than Goff.  I mean the Cowboys just spent a month declaring hat they didn’t really need Zeke because they had Dak.

Is there another bizarro Cowboys world where the Cowboys believe that? Dak wasn't holding out and won't ever hold out because the Cowboys would just walk away from him

Dak’s not an elite qb, but he’ll get a great deal and was helped by both Zeke and Goff.  How many Super Bowl opportunities would Jerry blow If he had to find a new quarterback. The clock is ticking and Jerry can’t waste a year or years looking for a quarterback. If he doesn’t get to a Super Bowl he wasted all that money on Zeke.

You mean a guy who was going to get a contract is going to get a contract?

Way to go out on a limb.

Goff has been to a super bowl. Dak lost to Goff. He isn't getting a contract bigger than what Goff just received. He'll get a nice pay day for sure, but nothing that has transpired over the past 48 hours will do anything to get Dak more money.

This doesn't really impact Dak in any way. I suppose Jerry Jones could freak out and sign Dak, but he could just as easily franchise tag him as well and Dak would be a clear loser in that deal.

Archived