The Flu

mysfit

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, is it true that there is a vaccine mandate for students, without a testing alternative, and not for staff?  I remember the WSU President issued a strong statement indicating he expected all faculty and staff to be vaccinated but here we are.  Our mandate, with medical and religious, but no personal/philosophical, exemptions goes into effect October 18.

The fact your question stands is telling because if you really wanted to know the answer, you’d Google it and find the answer in seconds, such as  …

The answer:

* 90% of educators are already vaccinated / boosted

* Up til now, other protection protocols (masking/ distancing / outdoors / staff testing / community vax rates) have been largely effective in our schools.  

Two things are changing now which have led the two largest school districts (LA & SD) to make the move ahead of the state’s mandate:

- Delta rates are raising in the under 12 population 

- Coming colder weather will allow less outdoor time

Don bitching about a Democrat governor who has made mask mandate for school children and will likely have mandate for teachers as well, yet completely silent about the GOP governors who have not only not made mask mandates, but forbidden them. How surprising. 

I guess he is having a hard time missing his boy being in charge.

On 10/4/2021 at 9:57 PM, KUGRDON said:

My question stands why are the teachers not required to be vaccinated now while the students cannot yet be vaccinated. It would provide important protection for the younger children before they are able to better protect themselves.

Ask the GOP governors you support, who actually have the gall to DENY FUNDS to schools that attempt to protect children.

How the fuck you show your face in the politics forum despite being wrong about literally everything, for 20 years, is amazing. It's positively @HLB - like. 

On 10/5/2021 at 12:45 PM, Orange said:

Ask the GOP governors you support, who actually have the gall to DENY FUNDS to schools that attempt to protect children.

How the fuck you show your face in the politics forum despite being wrong about literally everything, for 20 years, is amazing. It's positively @HLB - like. 

Hello Racist .....

The schools, and school districts, are not trying to protect children.  They are trying to protect themselves from any potential lawsuit from a parent who says, "My kid got COVID from your school!"

And are you suggesting that Republicans have been wrong about everything for 20 years?  Can you list for me those things where the GOP has been wrong about everything for 20 years?  Are you saying that "the process" of withdrawing from Afghanistan was done correctly?

BTW - you mentioned that you had no idea of Jim Plunkett's background, etc.  That made me questioned how much you might not know about other things.  For example, Martin Luther King was a Republican, and the KKK was an organization created by Democrats.

unbelievably, I'm attending two funerals this week for friends who passed away from COVID. One today and another on Saturday. Both men were way to young to die and both left kids still at home. These two deaths have sucked the joy out of life for me and my wife. 

This will be the 4th COVID funeral I've attended this year. I fairly certain I haven't attend that many funerals in the past 25 years all together.

😢

On 10/5/2021 at 7:43 PM, HLB said:

Hello Racist .....

The schools, and school districts, are not trying to protect children.  They are trying to protect themselves from any potential lawsuit from a parent who says, "My kid got COVID from your school!"

No, they're trying to protect kids.  Vaccine mandates and masking in school are proven weapons against the virus.  

And are you suggesting that Republicans have been wrong about everything for 20 years?  Can you list for me those things where the GOP has been wrong about everything for 20 years?  

Iraq, Trickle-Down economics, the war on terror, abortion, welfare drug testing, the war on drugs, global warming, the $2T Trump tax cuts, the Bush tax cuts, immigration, the 2020 election results and allegations of fraud, the COVID response, etc.  I can't think of a single policy where they were correct and advocated for a course that benefitted the bulk of Americans.  Not one.

BTW - you mentioned that you had no idea of Jim Plunkett's background, etc.  That made me questioned how much you might not know about other things.... the KKK was an organization created by Democrats. 

Oh for fuck's sake this canard?

The KKK is active today.  Guess who they endorse for president?

For example, Martin Luther King was a Republican, and

No, he fucking wasn't.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2011/jan/17/raging-elephants/houston-group-says-martin-luther-king-jr-was-repub/

stated on January 7, 2011 in a web post:
"Martin Luther King Jr. was a Republican!"
truefalse

Archived