If You are Going to Cheat (ASU), Try to Cover Your Tracks and Don’t Upset Your Staff.

Utefan1211

All teams cheat in some fashion. It appears that ASU took it to another level and all the coaches that were fired recently fueled this fire. 

Will any coaches at ASU coaches survive this mess? How many players are about to leave Tempe? 

• Utefan1211 changed the title to If You are Going to Cheat (ASU), Try to Cover Your Tracks and Don’t Upset Your Staff.
12 minutes ago, Utefan1211 said:

All teams cheat in some fashion. It appears that ASU took it to another level and all the coaches that were fired recently fueled this fire. 

Will any coaches at ASU coaches survive this mess? How many players are about to leave Tempe? 

I'm not sure all schools cheat, even in the Pac-12.  If you look at Stanford, Oregon State, and Colorado, just for example, there may be reason to believe that they go up to the edge of the rules, but not that they cross that line.

If you pop over to the ASU forums, there's (1) a strong belief that lots of schools were cheating during the Covid-year (without any evidence), and (2) there was nothing really that wrong with what they are reported to have done.  

1 hour ago, EastCoastFan said:

I'm not sure all schools cheat, even in the Pac-12.  If you look at Stanford, Oregon State, and Colorado, just for example, there may be reason to believe that they go up to the edge of the rules, but not that they cross that line.

If you pop over to the ASU forums, there's (1) a strong belief that lots of schools were cheating during the Covid-year (without any evidence), and (2) there was nothing really that wrong with what they are reported to have done.  

All programs cheat. There are hundreds of rules and most universities have less than 1 NCAA rules conduct staff on their campus. With hundreds of athletes and coaches, they catch very little. Cheating is rampant in sports and most recruits know that they can receive additional benefits above the standard scholarship. 

ASU fired all coaches that weren’t in agreement with bringing in recruits during the pandemic. Did the main coaches believe the fired staff would sit on their hands after they were shown no loyalty?  

On 6/20/2021 at 8:18 PM, Utefan1211 said:

All programs cheat. There are hundreds of rules and most universities have less than 1 NCAA rules conduct staff on their campus. With hundreds of athletes and coaches, they catch very little. Cheating is rampant in sports and most recruits know that they can receive additional benefits above the standard scholarship. 

ASU fired all coaches that weren’t in agreement with bringing in recruits during the pandemic. Did the main coaches believe the fired staff would sit on their hands after they were shown no loyalty?  

Ahh, I miss you. The guy who spouts off with assertion as fact, and doesn’t care to cite a single source or piece of evidence to support any argument, ever. 

On 6/22/2021 at 5:42 PM, Orange said:

Ahh, I miss you. The guy who spouts off with assertion as fact, and doesn’t care to cite a single source or piece of evidence to support any argument, ever. 

I think it would be fairly easy to provide rumored sources. In the 2-3 articles I've rushed through that seems to be the general consensus as to what went down

On 6/20/2021 at 8:18 PM, Utefan1211 said:

There are hundreds of rules and most universities have less than 1 NCAA rules conduct staff on their campus.

I’m curious where you’re getting this? Even back when I played in the late 90s/early 00s there was an entire Compliance Department. Granted, they were relegated to a basement office in Gill Coliseum, but they proudly displayed the NCAA rule book on the counter when you walked in. 

The hundreds of rules is technically right, I guess, but they used to say the NCAA rule book has more rules than the US tax code. It’s really more in the thousands and I’m sure it’s grown since back then. 

11 hours ago, Nakedmolerat said:

I’m curious where you’re getting this? Even back when I played in the late 90s/early 00s there was an entire Compliance Department. Granted, they were relegated to a basement office in Gill Coliseum, but they proudly displayed the NCAA rule book on the counter when you walked in. 

The hundreds of rules is technically right, I guess, but they used to say the NCAA rule book has more rules than the US tax code. It’s really more in the thousands and I’m sure it’s grown since back then. 

As someone who deals only a sliver of the the tax code that, in itself, has thousands of rules, I shudder to imagine the NCAA rulebook having more.

Nice cover story from Daniels mom, claiming someone hacked into her account and conveniently paid for plane tickets for recruits to fly to ASU on visits. I mean, on one hand, you are claiming the stupidest defense imaginable. On the other hand, you just became a really good witness for the takedown of ASU's program. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived