2017 PAC-12 baseball/softball thread

MrBug708

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wake forest beats florida to force a do or die game 3. for those keeping score at home, the 8 national seeds:

#1 oregon -- cws

#2 north carolina -- lost in their own regional

#3 florida -- needs to win to survive

#4 lsu -- cws

#5 texas tech -- lost in their own regional

#6 tcu -- cws

#7 louisville -- cws

#8 stanford -- lost in their own regional

so at least half of the national seeds made it through.

Drew Rasmussen went 31st to the Rays. 

The kid lost a lot of velocity after his surgery.  It'll be interesting to see if he gets it back.

Heimlich nowhere to be found in first 75 picks after being ranked 43rd overall by Baseball America.

Damn, the bats sure fell asleep.  Streak stops at 23 wins.  Again.

Has any team, in any sport, ever had TWO 23-game win streaks in a single season?

KJ had a bases loaded situation with 2 out and couldn't repeat Monday's magic.  Great time to start a new streak.  #WinnersBracketProblems

4 minutes ago, Orange said:

Damn, the bats sure fell asleep.  Streak stops at 23 wins.  Again.

Has any team, in any sport, ever had TWO 23-game win streaks in a single season?

KJ had a bases loaded situation with 2 out and couldn't repeat Monday's magic.  Great time to start a new streak.  #WinnersBracketProblems

Impossible in most sports, you need at least 47 games.  23 game streaks in two separate consecutive seasons is more impressive anyway.  But that's a great run, go beavs and whoever KJ is.

KJ Harrison, cleanup hitter.  Had the first Grand Slam in a CWS in TD Ameritrade Park.  Third round pick by the Brewers last week.

You think 23-game win streaks are more impressive in two consecutive seasons?  I don't know.  I think sighting a dodo bird right now would be more interesting than a tropical species.

Thanks for doing the math on 23+23+1.  That was very helpful.

i only saw the 9th inning (in a restaurant with no sound) so I can't say whether or not this was a pattern throughout the game, but in the 9th inning with 2 on and no outs the lsu pitcher threw to this exact location in consecutive pitches and got strikes 2 and 3 called. pat casey looked livid, as he should be.

One of my pet peeves is these people who say "hey, he was consistent throughout the game."  Bullshit.  A strike is a strike, and we've all agreed upon the fact that the strike zone is over the plate, and between knees and numbers of the player (more or less).

That said, you can't win if you can't hit.  We didn't hit.  Props to LSU.  Great season for OSU.  I was on record early in the year saying that it would be a failure of a season if we didn't make it to Omaha.  Well, we made it.  Still stings we didn't win the title.

• 5 months later...

i think this is another year of treading water for oregon. lately we seem content with a winning record and missing the postseason, and i don't see much improvement from last year.

our friday guy was taken 20th overall by the mets, and we don't have a dominant starter. two of our best position players, both freshmen last year, transferred. i think we have three guys returning who hit better than .250 last year.

i would take a 30-25 overall record, somewhere just below .500 in pac-12 play to the bank. 

Archived