2017 PAC-12 baseball/softball thread

MrBug708

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/7/2017 at 8:44 PM, MrBug708 said:

Ucla freshmen, Rachel Garcia, shuts down the Ducks 2-0, ending the 35 game win streak

i'm glad we got to her on sunday, since the ncaa loves to go out of their way to put oregon and ucla together in the postseason. 

oregon baseball beat arizona 8-4 on thursday, lost 5-4 on friday in a game where we left approximately 90 runners on base, and got blown the fuck out on saturday 18-4. still, an acceptable weekend. the goal was to not get swept and look to see if we could compete against a top 10 team.

the rest of the pac has officially caught up with oregon softball. ducks drop their second consecutive series, this one at home, to Washington. now 37-4 and three games behind arizona, and we haven't played the wildcats yet. looks like our four-year stranglehold atop the conference will be coming to an end.

Beavs winning streak comes to an end, which is probably good, pressure-wise.  But the 2-1 series win means their stranglehold on #1 remains.  30-2 on the season, best in the nation.  7 straight series wins dating back to last season.  Not bad.

5-game lead for first over Arizona and UCLA, who hosts OS this weekend.   Really glad we got the sweep of UA out of the way, because they're looking good.  It would be their conference in any other season with a 26-9 record.

On 4/16/2017 at 10:03 AM, glduck said:

oregon baseball beat arizona 8-4 on thursday, lost 5-4 on friday in a game where we left approximately 90 runners on base, and got blown the fuck out on saturday 18-4. still, an acceptable weekend. the goal was to not get swept and look to see if we could compete against a top 10 team.

the rest of the pac has officially caught up with oregon softball. ducks drop their second consecutive series, this one at home, to Washington. now 37-4 and three games behind arizona, and we haven't played the wildcats yet. looks like our four-year stranglehold atop the conference will be coming to an end.

Big softball series this weekend.

Utes just beat the 'Cats in convincing fashion.

That Utah program is interesting.  I could see them developing into a national power what with their high-elevation home turf and already a conference title under their belt.

On 4/21/2017 at 9:21 AM, Orange said:

Utes just beat the 'Cats in convincing fashion.

That Utah program is interesting.  I could see them developing into a national power what with their high-elevation home turf and already a conference title under their belt.

Zero trust...but my years at Utah, baseball was an abortion of a program. 

I don't know if we'll ever be a national powerhouse but then I never thought I'd see the day out first P12 title came from baseball.

So Cal is now 2nd in the conference despite playing almost exclusively freshman.  This happened due to the program almost being cut, which created a massively imbalanced class the following year.  Apparently Cal freshman Andrew Vaughn is the real deal.  The guy leads the conference in homers, RBIs, intentional walks and is batting .363

He had two walks off homers this week including a walk off grand slam.  

Yes, I am a fair weather Cal baseball fan who only posts during the good times.  So if Cal starts losing again, I will not so mysteriously vanish from this thread.

Top-25 swapped out Oregon for Stanford.  Beavs retain #1 and Zona is #13, despite being swept.

From a rankings standpoint, this is a miserable year for the Pac.  Which means we will probably have someone making an awesome run in the tourney.

55 minutes ago, Chile_Ute said:

Zero trust...but my years at Utah, baseball was an abortion of a program. 

I don't know if we'll ever be a national powerhouse but then I never thought I'd see the day out first P12 title came from baseball.

You guys just swept a top-10 team ON THE ROAD.

I mean, damn.

Archived