NBA 2017-18 Thread

PapaG

i'm not a cap-ologist, but with that luol deng albatross of a contract on the books can the lakers afford more than two incoming max deals? i'm not sure they can assemble enough talent to entice lebron unless some people leave some massive dollars on the table. 

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The could stretch and release him, I think 5 years. They have a late first they could ditch with him. But besides him, they only have one other player not on a rookie deal, Tyler Ennis, and he makes just 1.6 next year. I bet they hold onto him this year and flip him next off-season when he has a single year left

two days until the draft.

i was high on the chandler hutchinson bandwagon during the college season, when the mocks had him as a 2nd rounder, but I’ve seen a few mocks suggest he’s now projected to go before portland’s #24. soooo...

i’d be OK packaging the pick and a bad contract, if the opportunity presents itself. there’s so many zany trade rumors right now it’s impossible to key in on any of them.

The headline doesn't fit the premise. In terms of Blazer picks, there's a big difference between "worst picks" and "biggest busts." Bowie and Oden were massive busts, but they weren't necessarily terrible picks. LaRue Martin was simply a brainless, atrocious draft choice.

the blazers and their misses typically look even worse because we’re a franchise that hasn’t won anything in 41 years so we scrutinize every last decision. telfair and bowie (especially bowie) are lambasted because of who we passed on, but each averaged double figures over a decade-long career. that ain’t nothin’. 

joe smith averaged double figures over a 16 year nba career. while obviously not worthy of a #1, he’d still probably be worth a top 10 pick in his draft. top 10 draft bust of all time? hardly. silly list. 

i thought for sure the 1-2 blazer nut punch to end the season was going to be the playoff sweep and drafting grayson allen.

instead we took a kid who didn’t play college ball and, best case scenario, would give us three plus scorers all 6’3 or under.

7 minutes ago, glduck said:

blazers trade for gary trent jr (senior played 4 seasons with pdx in the 90s). i’m intrigued by trent’s 40% 3-pt shooting and his 41% all around shooting. that’s an interesting split.

I guess no need for wings or forwards?

no one who would help right away, at least (per olshey). simons will probably spend all of next year in the g-league but trent should be a rotation guy right away, at least.

that summer of 2016 just neutered us. man alive.

Archived