ESPN to start its own streaming service

PAC MAN

ESPN is bleeding money. More sports personalities about to be fired again.  Viewership way down for many reasons and ESPN has made some huge commitments and did not keep up with new technologies that allowed the viewers to pick and choose what they want.  ESPN also became too political instead of simply focusing on what made them so successful; SPORTS. 

On 8/9/2017 at 7:08 PM, azgreg said:

NETFLIX Sports would be killer.

Tell that to Larry Scott with a swift kick to the rear.

On 8/10/2017 at 7:49 PM, Utefan1211 said:

ESPN is bleeding money. More sports personalities about to be fired again.  Viewership way down for many reasons and ESPN has made some huge commitments and did not keep up with new technologies that allowed the viewers to pick and choose what they want.  ESPN also became too political instead of simply focusing on what made them so successful; SPORTS. 

Yup Disney's agenda.

1 hour ago, Quack 12 said:

Mostly, I thinks it's about Kaitlyn Jenner.

And Michael Sam.  Reporting on the first openly gay player in the NFL is one thing but when you spend a lot of time and energy on that than you would normally do for any hot sports topic, it reeks of an agenda.  I wouldn't be surprised if Fox Sports eventually gets bashed like ESPN did at some point.

I have spent more time on CBS Sports and Yahoo Sports these days and less time on Fox Sports (due to the site's layout) as a result.  

8 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

And Michael Sam.  Reporting on the first openly gay player in the NFL is one thing but when you spend a lot of time and energy on that than you would normally do for any hot sports topic, it reeks of an agenda.  I wouldn't be surprised if Fox Sports eventually gets bashed like ESPN did at some point.

I have spent more time on CBS Sports and Yahoo Sports these days and less time on Fox Sports (due to the site's layout) as a result.  

It's 24 hours sports news.  They spent more time on Brady being 40.

12 hours ago, Nakedmolerat said:

Some of those jokes at the ESPYs were pretty mean too. 

Image result for laughing peyton manning gif

11 hours ago, duckfandan said:

It's 24 hours sports news.  They spent more time on Brady being 40.

Hopefully they will be showing more Von Miller sack dances on November 12-13

Image result for von miller sack dance gif

• 4 weeks later...

for those keeping score at home, espn rehired hank williams jr AND publicly reprimanded jemele hill for her comments on donald trump this week, two things that won't sit well with liberal America.

just pointing it out the next time someone remarks that espn's downfall was cemented when they gave caitlin jenner five minutes of air time two years ago.

1 hour ago, glduck said:

for those keeping score at home, espn rehired hank williams jr AND publicly reprimanded jemele hill for her comments on donald trump this week, two things that won't sit well with liberal America.

just pointing it out the next time someone remarks that espn's downfall was cemented when they gave caitlin jenner five minutes of air time two years ago.

Publicly reprimanded an employee who called the president a "white supremacist?"  Trump's a lot of dumb and bad things, but white supremacist isn't one of them unless you're a completely unhinged liberal.

Didn't they just say her views aren't shared by ESPN and leave it at that?

I must have missed the reprimand.  Seemed rather tame compared to what happened to Curt Schilling and a few others at ESPN for making political Tweet.  Williams Jr. spent 6 years in exile from ESPN for comparing Obama to Hitler, and as far as I can tell, Hill was on ESPN tonight.  Why would liberals possibly have to be upset about with that obvious double standard?  I really don't care, but it pretty much illustrates the political leanings of those who run ESPN in my mind.  Then again I only watch games on ESPN, some SportsCenter, and none of the talk shows where all of this political crap I don't care about is beat to death.

Michael Jordan is a billionaire for keeping his mouth shut. In a recent interview, he was being baited into sharing his political thoughts.  His answer, "Republicans buy sneakers and attend basketball games too." 

Millions of us go out of our way to not support companies that go out of their way to go against our common beliefs and push it in our faces.  People are not attending movies at the same rate, ESPN is way down in viewership, Target is suffering.  The NFL is way down in viewership. The smartest companies simply stick to what they know and stay out of the political spotlight. Once you choose, you run the risk of alienating 50% of your audience. 

9 hours ago, PapaG said:

Publicly reprimanded an employee who called the president a "white supremacist?"  Trump's a lot of dumb and bad things, but white supremacist isn't one of them unless you're a completely unhinged liberal.

Imagine the liberal backlash if Hill was fired.  Any conservative that would have said anything similar would have been fired. It's so one sided right now. 

// shrug

espn gave tim tebow roughly nine thousand times more air time than caitlin jenner and michael sam put together, but we got thirty seconds of michael sam hanging out with his boyfriend at his draft party and legions of conservatives began their boycott. meanwhile, i'm still getting tim tebow's minor league baseball updates. that market isn't directed at me or my fellow liberal heathens, folks.

espn airs what it thinks is the most popular stories of the moment. that's why yankee highlights come before diamondback highlights. that's why they'll talk about swimming in an Olympic year. michael sam was the first draft eligible openly gay nfl prospect, and they knew that would bring in eyeballs. conservative america fell hard for young mister tebow, so just about every sportscenter for two years led off with a thrilling tim tebow take. the company isn't out to get you, it's out to get money.

16 hours ago, PapaG said:

That's debatable as hell.   If David Duke is repeatedly singing your praises, what are you, exactly?  

11 minutes ago, glduck said:

when a poster scoffs at politifact but tries to make a point backed by outkickthecoverage and Fox News.

Politifact and snopes don't reinforce his preordained beliefs.  So, there's that.  

Conservatives don't.........learn new things.  Perhaps they're "conserving" brain space to be used later.  Or not at all.  

Archived