2019 Transfers

Scscsc89

K.J. Costello visiting Washington today. 

Surprised that he'd swing by Montlake and not Eugene. The Ducks are a proven quarterback away from being a CFP contender. Washington, meanwhile, seems to be staring at a bit of a rebuilding year (at least on offense).

Something tells me this isn't the last stop on K.J.'s transfer tour.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Card Tricks said:

K.J. Costello visiting Washington today. 

Surprised that he'd swing by Montlake and not Eugene. The Ducks are a proven quarterback away from being a CFP contender. Washington, meanwhile, seems to be staring at a bit of a rebuilding year (at least on offense).

Something tells me this isn't the last stop on K.J.'s transfer tour.

Would love it if he landed at UW. Always thought he had a high ceiling when he played for Stanford. One could argue he is better than Browning and Eason. 

On 2/3/2020 at 4:29 PM, azgreg said:

Disappointing for UW fans. Costello's experience would have been perfect in the opener against Michigan. I think UW's season outlook might have improved by 2 wins with Costello. There will be 3 4 star QBs to battle for the starting spot, but none have started a college game before. Will likely be a bumpy ride for the offense. 

11 hours ago, row Z said:

Disappointing for UW fans. Costello's experience would have been perfect in the opener against Michigan. I think UW's season outlook might have improved by 2 wins with Costello. There will be 3 4 star QBs to battle for the starting spot, but none have started a college game before. Will likely be a bumpy ride for the offense. 

I’m in full agreement. Costello would have given the Huskies a Top 3 conference QB with a ton of experience playing against divisional rivals. I’m surprised he didn’t go to another pro-style system or give Oregon a look-see with Moorehead running the offense.

Be that as it may, however, I think he’ll provide a big boost Mississippi State and propel them to a better-than-expected inaugural season under The Pirate. Costello is 0-2 when playing against Leach and as the saying goes- if you can’t beat em, join em. Nothing but respect for the kid and wish him all the best in the SEC.

For Washington, that unfortunately means riding with a completely inexperienced and unproven young gun. Sirmon and/or Morris could surprise but they could also be an absolute disaster. In any case, Sam Huard is the future of that program anyhow and it’s only a matter of time until he takes over the reins. For the time being, however, I can definitely see 2020 being a bit of a rebuild year for the Huskies with so many question marks on offense.

15 hours ago, Card Tricks said:

I’m in full agreement. Costello would have given the Huskies a Top 3 conference QB with a ton of experience playing against divisional rivals. I’m surprised he didn’t go to another pro-style system or give Oregon a look-see with Moorehead running the offense.

Be that as it may, however, I think he’ll provide a big boost Mississippi State and propel them to a better-than-expected inaugural season under The Pirate. Costello is 0-2 when playing against Leach and as the saying goes- if you can’t beat em, join em. Nothing but respect for the kid and wish him all the best in the SEC.

For Washington, that unfortunately means riding with a completely inexperienced and unproven young gun. Sirmon and/or Morris could surprise but they could also be an absolute disaster. In any case, Sam Huard is the future of that program anyhow and it’s only a matter of time until he takes over the reins. For the time being, however, I can definitely see 2020 being a bit of a rebuild year for the Huskies with so many question marks on offense.

I hope he does well at MSU, but I have to wonder if Leach is going to get the air raid up and running with a new team quickly enough for Costello. Also, if Jimmy Lake can shut down Leach's offense, I have to think Bama and LSU are going to do the same. Those SEC defenses might make Costello look bad in some games, especially since he has not seen them before. Will be very interesting to watch.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived