The Way Too Early PAC12 2023 Football Projection

HLB

On 8/8/2023 at 10:01 PM, PAC MAN said:

Jonathan Smith, an OSU alumni, has every reason to lead the Beavs to a big season.  If that happens, another school with money can buy out his contract and help soften the landing if the Beavs end up in the MWC.

Money is a powerful motivator at that.

Every coach has reason to lead their team to a big season.

That being said, most coaches fall short of that annual goal.  And I don't know of many P5 schools chomping at the bit to land Jonathan Smith as their HC.

On 8/8/2023 at 10:36 PM, HLB said:

That being said, most coaches fall short of that annual goal.  And I don't know of many P5 schools chomping at the bit to land Jonathan Smith as their HC.

They should be.  Although fan bases get excited over names, even retreads.  We see similar names floated each off season.

all of that said, coaches and schools have to fit, and this seems like a great fit.  He has a very solid team, even if it isn’t sexy.  They will be a lot better than .500.

On 8/8/2023 at 9:36 PM, HLB said:

Truly I wish you were right, but given your track record he'll probably be hired at a major power within 3 years.

On 8/9/2023 at 1:20 PM, Orange said:

Truly I wish you were right, but given your track record he'll probably be hired at a major power within 3 years.

My track record?

One-year ago, I said that USC would win the PAC12 and go to the CFP, and people like you called me an idiot.

After USC and UCLA announced they were leaving the PAC12, I stated on these threads that the PAC12 was imploding, and people like you called me an idiot.

Back in February, I said that all appearances were that Colorado, AZ and ASU were going to the Big12, and Utah might be following them - and people like you called me an idiot.

I put this thread together right after the 2022-23 season ended.  Let's look back at this thread at the end of this season and see how wrong I was in these predictions.

And I'll make these predictions, as well .... USC, Oregon and Washington will never win a conference title in the B1G, while UCLA will become mediocre in the B1G, much like Purdue, Illinois and Nebraska.  Look for USC, Oregon and Washington to fall in line behind Ohio State, Michigan, PSU, and never have any consistency in pushing past those teams.

Where are your 2023 CFB predictions?

On 8/9/2023 at 1:20 PM, Orange said:

When you talk about "major power", you're talking about 12-15 schools:  Ohio State, Michigan, PSU, Clemson, FSU, BAMA, UGA, LSU, Florida, USC, Oregon, Texas, Oklahoma .... I don't see any of these schools going after him.

On 8/9/2023 at 11:56 AM, EastCoastFan said:

One silver lining about the demise of the Pac-12 -- HLB will be in a room with empty chairs when he begins his circle jerk.

You're right about one thing, there won't be any chairs at the PAC12 table anymore.

On 8/9/2023 at 6:46 PM, HLB said:

My track record?

One-year ago, I said that USC would win the PAC12 and go to the CFP, and people like you called me an idiot.

After USC and UCLA announced they were leaving the PAC12, I stated on these threads that the PAC12 was imploding, and people like you called me an idiot.

Back in February, I said that all appearances were that Colorado, AZ and ASU were going to the Big12, and Utah might be following them - and people like you called me an idiot.

Literally none of these things happened.

On 8/10/2023 at 9:49 AM, Orange said:

lol, are you the "Blacks for Trump" guy? (the ONLY black for trump)

There are more blacks that voted for Trump than you realize.  The media just doesn't promote that fact.  The liberal-leaning media outlets only want to promote anything that can be perceived as racist.

Trump did more for my community (the black community) than Obama.  Obama disappointed a lot of Black Americans by not doing much, at all, for Black America.

To that end, have you ever lived in a diverse city or state?  Oregon's black population is barely more than 1%.  The fact is, you've never lived in a community, gone to a school or attended a college where 40-60% of the population is Black Americans.  You don't know what living in a community that is diverse is like.  You only know what you read in your liberal books, magazines and see on your liberal networks.

I can tell you, as a Black American male, there are as many black racist as there are white racist.  But that fact doesn't sell newspapers or pull in viewers, so it's not mentioned.  If it were mentioned, the outlets that would mention it would be called racist, when in fact, they would only be stating the truth.

There are many bad behaviors that are performed by bad black actors, that cause me difficulty, because I get lumped in with them, because of the color of my skin.

Move to Atlanta, or anyone of many southern cities, and learn what a diverse community really looks like, and you will find more reverse racism taking place, with black on whites, than the racism you think you know so much about, when in fact you know nothing about. 

Again, you live in a state that is 98% white.  It could be argued that your state is racist against black citizens living in your state, given that the statistics of demographics prove this to be true.

You're the racist.  You choose not to live among Black Americans, like me, and instead live in what could be considered a state that is a White Supremacist state.  You don't want to live in a diverse community.

And btw, the "racist" white citizens in the south, are the democrats.  It is the democrats, and their political leaders, that fought to keep blacks out of white schools, prevent blacks from attending state colleges, and wanted blacks to ride in the back of the bus.  They wanted blacks to have their own restaurants and bathrooms, and not dine with whites, or use restrooms that were for "whites only".

I've lived it.  You - up in your White Supremacist state of Oregon - have never lived it.  And its why I chose to be a conservative republican, because it is republicans who fought for blacks to integrate into white schools, attend state universities, share restaurants, restrooms, and sit in the front of the bus.  The conservative white republican - Trump included - has fought to free blacks from slavery, and to give Black America a chance to be all that they can be.  The liberal white democrats only want to use Black America for votes, and to "control" black citizens, and not allow Black America to grow, excel and become all that they can be.

You have no idea of what you're talking about with racism.  Again, I've lived it.  You've only read about it from a liberal media outlet that wants to condemn conservatives by calling them racist, and pit Black America against conservatives, who want Black Americans to be successful and prosperous.