Colorado @ Oregon September 23rd

PAC MAN

On 8/1/2023 at 9:22 PM, utenation said:

Yeah, sorry I don’t buy it. Something about 20 years of doing nothing has a way to leave massive doubt. 

Let’s also remember which fanbase came here to talk nothing but shit with the recent news. 

I root for the pac.  I’m not here to kill it.  Obviously I root for cu, however I’ve got nothing against any of the schools really.  

and sure, on the field it’s time to prove it.  I really think they will be better, who knows how much.  5-7 and competitive is a dramatic improvement.

On 8/1/2023 at 10:07 PM, Buff_Fan said:

I root for the pac.  I’m not here to kill it.  Obviously I root for cu, however I’ve got nothing against any of the schools really.  

and sure, on the field it’s time to prove it.  I really think they will be better, who knows how much.  5-7 and competitive is a dramatic improvement.

People were responding to Jalapeño’s Jack Assery and you stepped in to fight for CU’s honor. I get it. 

Since CU is leaving I don’t really think people here care about CU’s aspirations, goals and next season’s outlook. 

I hope every team in this conference runs up the score on CU this year. I wouldn’t lose sleep if Whittingham put 80 on the board. 

On 8/1/2023 at 7:45 PM, Buff_Fan said:

Yup, the same one that beat Michigan in a playoff game.  Everyone outside of ga would have traded places.

I mean, I get what you're saying, but sometimes finishing the year with a good win in a solid bowl is better than losing 65-7 in the best bowl.  TCU may never recover, reputationally speaking.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2023 at 12:46 PM, Orange said:

I mean, I get what you're saying, but sometimes finishing the year with a good win in a solid bowl is better than losing 65-7 in the best bowl.  TCU may never recover, reputationally speaking.

Dykes doesn’t have a good track record. He’s had more jobs the last decade than a fast food cook.  TCU has had more losing seasons in the B12 than winning seasons. Last year very well could be a 1 off. 

Last year, TCU squeaked by with wins in about 7 games. Couldn’t even with their conference. 

Hardly a dominant team in 2022. 

On 8/2/2023 at 12:46 PM, Orange said:

Fair enough, I guess time will tell with that.  All in all, I’d rather win a playoff game even if the nc game is a beat down.  This coming from a cu fan, where winning four games is a really big upgrade.  

On 8/2/2023 at 12:52 PM, utenation said:

Dykes doesn’t have a good track record. He’s had more jobs the last decade than a fast food cook.  TCU has had more losing seasons in the B12 than winning seasons. Last year very well could be a 1 off. 

Last year, TCU squeaked by with wins in about 7 games. Couldn’t even with their conference. 

Agreed not dominant, but at the end of the day the results are the results.  Will be interesting with dykes.  You are spot on with his history, and they lost some really good players.

On 8/5/2023 at 1:08 PM, dtd said:

Lanning should have been more mature and not said something like that. There's no reason really to ever talk poorly about another program, just beat them on the field and shake hands and go on to the next one. 

Or he was trying to get a national TV slot for this game.  CU already has five national TV games for this season which is amazing for an 1-11 team last year.

On 8/5/2023 at 3:43 PM, PAC MAN said:

Or he was trying to get a national TV slot for this game.  CU already has five national TV games for this season which is amazing for an 1-11 team last year.

We all know why, and it's not because CU is a great program.

On 8/2/2023 at 1:52 PM, utenation said:

More dominate than Utah .... Wins over OU, Texas, Michigan, OK State, Kansas State .... 13-2 .... Don't let the lopsided loss to UGA fool you.  UGA was simply that much better than the other 3 teams in the playoff.  

On 8/8/2023 at 8:18 PM, HLB said:

More dominate than Utah .... Wins over OU, Texas, Michigan, OK State, Kansas State .... 13-2 .... Don't let the lopsided loss to UGA fool you.  UGA was simply that much better than the other 3 teams in the playoff.  

Nobody said they didn't win the games dumbass. Reading comprehension can be a tough thing when trying to understand what "squeak by" means.  BTW, OSU and OU were not good teams at all.

On 8/10/2023 at 2:21 PM, utenation said:

Nobody said they didn't win the games dumbass. Reading comprehension can be a tough thing when trying to understand what "squeak by" means.  BTW, OSU and OU were not good teams at all.

And you failed in your reading comprehension .... TCU was more dominate than Utah.  Utah lost to Florida, who was not a very good team, at all.  And UCLA only won 9 games because they played 3 non-P5 OOC opponents (and should have lost to S. Alabama) competed in the PAC12.

Squeaking by, or winning by 3TDs, a win is a win.  And TCU - as much as you might not want to admit it - was a better team than Utah.  Simply look at what they did to the B1G Champion (Michigan) and compare that to what third-place-B1G-finisher PSU did to Utah, in the Rose Bowl

On 8/11/2023 at 6:54 PM, HLB said:

And you failed in your reading comprehension .... TCU was more dominate than Utah.  Utah lost to Florida, who was not a very good team, at all.  And UCLA only won 9 games because they played 3 non-P5 OOC opponents (and should have lost to S. Alabama) competed in the PAC12.

Squeaking by, or winning by 3TDs, a win is a win.  And TCU - as much as you might not want to admit it - was a better team than Utah.  Simply look at what they did to the B1G Champion (Michigan) and compare that to what third-place-B1G-finisher PSU did to Utah, in the Rose Bowl

You are the one talking about Utah dummy. I was talking about TCU. 

Didn’t you tell everyone here last year that USC would whip Utah in both games by double digits and go to the CFP? Yikes. How did that work out for you?

Your track record with claiming which teams are good or not is embarrassing. 

What’s more embarrassing is an SEC fan trying to talk football about a conference when you have no clue. 

It’s football season, and here you are on this board talking to P12 Fans. I’m guessing you’ve been tossed from SEC boards. 

On 8/11/2023 at 7:58 PM, utenation said:

You are the one talking about Utah dummy. I was talking about TCU. 

Didn’t you tell everyone here last year that USC would whip Utah in both games by double digits and go to the CFP? Yikes. How did that work out for you?

Your track record with claiming which teams are good or not is embarrassing. 

What’s more embarrassing is an SEC fan trying to talk football about a conference when you have no clue. 

It’s football season, and here you are on this board talking to P12 Fans. I’m guessing you’ve been tossed from SEC boards. 

You implied that TCU was not very good, because they "squeaked by" on 7 games.  My interpretation is that you were not give TCU any respect, and perhaps you viewed Utah as a better team.

I was just responding to what you were inferring.

On 8/11/2023 at 7:16 PM, HLB said:

You implied that TCU was not very good, because they "squeaked by" on 7 games.  My interpretation is that you were not give TCU any respect, and perhaps you viewed Utah as a better team.

I was just responding to what you were inferring.

Nope. Wrong again. Winning 13 games is more than impressive. But teams aren’t always dominant getting there. Dominant teams also don’t get whipped by 60 points by anyone. 

Sorry you struggle with these little concepts.