2023 P12 Football Thread

utenation

On 10/9/2023 at 3:48 PM, utenation said:

I get that you’ve done nothing but bootlick Sanders’ Gold Nikes but people will and are free to talk about what they want on this board. 

I don't understand all of the anger.  I have both pro and con feelings about Sanders, as I have about a ton of other coaches.  The bigger question -- are you okay?  You used to contribute things that weren't a broken record.

On 10/9/2023 at 2:32 PM, EastCoastFan said:

I don't understand all of the anger.  I have both pro and con feelings about Sanders, as I have about a ton of other coaches.  The bigger question -- are you okay?  You used to contribute things that weren't a broken record.

If you view it as anger all good. I try to be fair and often criticize my own school and teams. I just called our own President out for being a moron.  

If it walks like a duck, it might be one.  Am I ok? You betcha. 

On 10/9/2023 at 12:04 PM, Buff_Fan said:

I agree, it’s at home and I’m not sure what to make of the cats.  At the moment they’ve got a punchers chance against all of them.  Personally I’m hoping the ucla game is a good one since I will be there.

UCLA has always played Colorado closer than they should. Even during the Embree Mora years

On 10/9/2023 at 11:31 AM, utenation said:

Utah  -13.5

CU -12

UW -2.5( started at -3)

WSU -8.5. I like AZ to cover this.

ND -2.5. I like USC to win this. ND is overrated as always. 

OSU -4. Bug, I think this is spot on. If Moore doesn’t get rattled, The Bruins can win this. 

Chip Kelly doesn't do the road very well. But their offensive weakness is DJ, which plays into our strengths in getting to the QB. But OSU has an elite OL. Should be a good matchup. I think State takes it

On 10/9/2023 at 12:27 PM, EastCoastFan said:

I'm not sure what all the anti-Colorado rhetoric is all about, dominating threads with repeated comments.  I'd rather talk about football.  Let's just celebrate another Pac-12 teams that is having a good season.

I agree.  Shouldn't teams that play Colorado want them to beat OOC teams like TCU and Nebraska for SOS reasons?

Imagine if CU gave all of their scholarship players a lease on a truck? We would hear how this is the end of CFB as we knew it and probably make "jokes" about rim sales skyrocketing in the Denver area.

Some QB news from Utah.  Redshirt Freshman Brandon Rose is available to play.  He got hurt in Fall Camp and has been out 6-7 weeks. This kid was the clear front runner after Cam coming out of Spring ball. 

Kyle wasn’t thrilled by the idea of him playing with so much rust but we don’t really have many options today. On equal terms, Rose is better than Johnson or Barnes. 

I really don’t think our QB situation can get much worse today. 

On 10/9/2023 at 1:27 PM, EastCoastFan said:

I'm not sure what all the anti-Colorado rhetoric is all about, dominating threads with repeated comments.  I'd rather talk about football.  Let's just celebrate another Pac-12 teams that is having a good season.

As for Colorado players and their head coach, a lot of what is said has a somewhat racist tone to it.  That's probably not what we're seeing here, but nationally, it sure is in the mix.  It's hard to deny.

Everything is more complicated than what adherents and opponents claim.  For example, the talk about Colorado players.  I ran into this on Jaylen Ellis, a transfer from Baylor.  It's not exactly a watch-flex:

https://x.com/skobuffsnation/status/1711433633121047004?s=46&t=Sog5NU3yntdjFaMceUSzcA

On 10/9/2023 at 2:32 PM, EastCoastFan said:

On 10/9/2023 at 6:59 PM, win2bfree said:

I agree.  Shouldn't teams that play Colorado want them to beat OOC teams like TCU and Nebraska for SOS reasons?

Imagine if CU gave all of their scholarship players a lease on a truck? We would hear how this is the end of CFB as we knew it and probably make "jokes" about rim sales skyrocketing in the Denver area.

Deion has done a great job using the portal and NIL to quickly make Buffs a competitive team, which considering where they were last year is quite amazing. However, the amount of hype they have gotten has just been a lot. IMHO they are not in the top half of this league ( behind at least the 7 ranked teams ). There is a lot to praise for what Deion has done here, but I think some of the criticisms are valid too. He is brash, and talks a lot and his team follows suit, and that is going to rub people the wrong way. Hope he sticks around and builds the program up so maybe a rivalry can form in the Big XII that never materialized in the Pac.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2023 at 4:12 PM, MrBug708 said:

UCLA has always played Colorado closer than they should. Even during the Embree Mora years

Travis Hunter is back at practice this week.  Don't know if he will play Friday night against Stanford but he's certainly going to be ready for UCLA.

On 10/9/2023 at 7:56 PM, Mano said:

Deion has done a great job using the portal and NIL to quickly make Buffs a competitive team, which considering where they were last year is quite amazing. However, the amount of hype they have gotten has just been a lot. IMHO they are not in the top half of this league ( behind at least the 7 ranked teams ). There is a lot to praise for what Deion has done here, but I think some of the criticisms are valid too. He is brash, and talks a lot and his team follows suit, and that is going to rub people the wrong way. Hope he sticks around and builds the program up so maybe a rivalry can form in the Big XII that never materialized in the Pac.

What lured me to CU in the first place was the rivalry with Nebraska back in 1989.  I was an Oklahoma fan as a kid who wasn't too happy with Nebraska beating the Sooners the previous Thanksgiving (they played on Thanksgiving until the Big 12 which CU replaced OU in that contest against Nebraska).  I enjoyed those border state rivalries on Colorado's eastern side against the likes of Nebraska, Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, and Oklahoma in the Big 8.  I believe there are strong feelings against CU from the AZ schools and the Utes but it hasn't leveled up to a rivalry due to CU's piss poor football performance in the last 13 years.  Now with the move to the Big 12, CU has four border state rivals on the west and three on the east.  Texas Tech might not be technically a border rival but they are close in that regard.

If CU can't develop a new rival outside of Nebraska and CSU in the Big 12, something is very wrong in that case.

On 10/9/2023 at 9:24 PM, PAC MAN said:

And LOL at utenation...he continues to deny that he just doesn't like CU.

There is a difference between not buying the hype for a likely 5 win team, not liking the message being sent by your coach on sportsmanship, adult behavior and overall class vs hating CU. I don't like coaches and players that feel the need to show up everything about an opponent.  They can't back up any of the bullshit on the field. 

You realize Sanders' two sons have tried to fist fight coaches right? Watch Flexing? Give me a fucking break. 

Sanders could run over an old lady in the street and you'd be fine with it. Your goggles are extra thick. I've never hated CU, they have been irrelevant for 2 decades. There is nothing to hate about that. 

On 10/10/2023 at 10:25 AM, utenation said:

There is a difference between not buying the hype for a likely 5 win team, not liking the message being sent by your coach on sportsmanship, adult behavior and overall class vs hating CU. I don't like coaches and players that feel the need to show up everything about an opponent.  They can't back up any of the bullshit on the field. 

You realize Sanders' two sons have tried to fist fight coaches right? Watch Flexing? Give me a fucking break. 

Sanders could run over an old lady in the street and you'd be fine with it. Your goggles are extra thick. I've never hated CU, they have been irrelevant for 2 decades. There is nothing to hate about that. 

season 13 GIF

On 10/9/2023 at 5:59 PM, win2bfree said:

I think a lot of the CU hate here has to do with one particular CU poster.  

• Like 1

Deion Sanders calls late start times 'stupidest thing ever' - ESPN

I'm not a fan of the 8:00 pm scheduled start of the Stanford-CU game and given that a matchup of 4-1 teams in Tulane and Memphis is on ESPN before the game, there's a chance the start time gets pushed back.  At least the Stanford coach can say to recruits...did you see us against CU?  You could get early playing time.

On 10/12/2023 at 4:23 PM, Orange said:

Im not excited about the Beavs going to Boulder.  

Because of Coach Prime or the fact that OSU lost to a Karl Dorrell coached team in OT the last time OSU visited Boulder?

I did mark OSU as a game that CU was not likely to win before this season started.

On 10/12/2023 at 4:45 PM, PAC MAN said:

Deion Sanders calls late start times 'stupidest thing ever' - ESPN

I'm not a fan of the 8:00 pm scheduled start of the Stanford-CU game and given that a matchup of 4-1 teams in Tulane and Memphis is on ESPN before the game, there's a chance the start time gets pushed back.  At least the Stanford coach can say to recruits...did you see us against CU?  You could get early playing time.

Because of Coach Prime or the fact that OSU lost to a Karl Dorrell coached team in OT the last time OSU visited Boulder?

I did mark OSU as a game that CU was not likely to win before this season started.

Yes, I’m I worried about it because of Karl Dorrell. 🙄

• Haha 1