7.UW (100)

8.WSU (110)

9.  Cal (112)

10. Stanford (121)

11. USC (119)

12. CU (129)

Rush Defense: Utah (5)

Pass Defense: Utah (33rd)

I said it weeks ago. It's easy to see why Oregon is rolling. The most balanced team in the conference and maybe the country. UCLA is fairly balanced but they don't have quality QB play.  Utah is very unbalanced. But our offense has improved. A few weeks ago, we were ranked 125th in the nation.

On 11/6/2023 at 11:25 AM, row Z said:

I have no idea what is going to happen in this game. I was feeling ok about it until i saw Utah dismantle ASU. The podcast of champions was saying it was the most complete destruction of the Pac12 season so far. Barnes threw 4 TDs, and  Ja'Quinden Jackson averaged 8.5 yards a carry? And Utah has a top 15 defense? Fuck. This is exactly the kind of game that Utah seems uniquely able to get way up for and jam a stick into a softer team's spokes. 

But, it should be close to sold out and the crowd will make a difference. And the offense appears to be back on track, even without McMillan.  Can UW run on Utah? That will probably be telling. UW also needs bodies back on defense (Tuli on the d line in particular, and guys in the secondary). Its going to be a grind, but if UW is a true CFP contender they should win this game. If not, it's just more Pac12 chaos in our final season.  

Don't underestimate Barnes ability to turn the ball over in a big game like this. He forces some balls.  I've been hard on him this year but I just don't have a lot of confidence about this game in Seattle.  I hope I'm wrong. 

On 11/6/2023 at 11:25 AM, row Z said:

And Utah has a top 15 defense? Fuck. This is exactly the kind of game that Utah seems uniquely able to get way up for and jam a stick into a softer team's spokes. 

Oregon shredded our top 10 defense.  Bo Nix was a surgeon.  Oregon gets the ball out very quickly negating our solid pass rush. Lanning had a great gameplan.  Penix likes to sit in the pocket and drift a little. So maybe we get to him. 

Supposed to rain. Maybe that slows down your pass game?

On 11/6/2023 at 12:43 PM, utenation said:

Don't underestimate Barnes ability to turn the ball over in a big game like this. He forces some balls.  I've been hard on him this year but I just don't have a lot of confidence about this game in Seattle.  I hope I'm wrong. 

To be honest, I can live with the turnovers if he is decisive in his throws. The times I have seen Utah's offense be absolutely abysmal is when he ( or Nate ) are indecisive and sit and hold the ball in the pocket waiting because they fear throwing a pick. This past game against ASU I thought he made his throws quicker and more decisively than he has in the past, and that directly led to a lot of the success.  

On 11/6/2023 at 1:27 PM, Mano said:

To be honest, I can live with the turnovers if he is decisive in his throws. The times I have seen Utah's offense be absolutely abysmal is when he ( or Nate ) are indecisive and sit and hold the ball in the pocket waiting because they fear throwing a pick. This past game against ASU I thought he made his throws quicker and more decisively than he has in the past, and that directly led to a lot of the success.  

What's your call on this one? I'm at UW by 14.

On 11/6/2023 at 1:43 PM, utenation said:

What's your call on this one? I'm at UW by 14.

You are probably in the ballpark, but hoping for a better result. I had this as a loss at beginning of season, thinking the Utes would be near full strength by now. Washington has seemed a little down since the Oregon game and Utah played their best game of the year last week, giving me a glimmer of hope, but Utah would have to play a near perfect game to pull this one out.

On 11/6/2023 at 2:55 PM, utenation said:

Bill Riley discussed this at length today on his show. I don't think we have perfect in us.  If we can get after Penix, we have a shot.

Will need to consistently pressure Penix and get home several times to win. I just question if Utah can do that after seeing how Nix carved the defense up without any issues.

On 11/6/2023 at 11:38 AM, utenation said:

Updated Stats: (national rank)

Total Offense:

1. Oregon(2)

2. UW(4)

3. USC (8)

4. UCLA(26)

5. AZ (29)

6. OSU (32)

7. WSU (46)

8, Cal (51)

9.CU (64)

10. Stanford (84)

11. Utah (93)

12. ASU (103)

Pass Offense:  UW(1)

Rush Offense: Oregon (10)

Total Defense:

1. Utah (9)

2. UCLA (13)

3. Oregon (18)

4. OSU (34)

5. AZ (36)

6. ASU (56)

7.UW (100)

8.WSU (110)

9.  Cal (112)

10. Stanford (121)

11. USC (119)

12. CU (129)

Rush Defense: Utah (5)

Pass Defense: Utah (33rd)

I said it weeks ago. It's easy to see why Oregon is rolling. The most balanced team in the conference and maybe the country. UCLA is fairly balanced but they don't have quality QB play.  Utah is very unbalanced. But our offense has improved. A few weeks ago, we were ranked 125th in the nation.

Defensively UW #20 in yds/play against AP ranked opponents.

On 11/6/2023 at 3:48 PM, trickydlck said:

Defensively UW #20 in yds/play against AP ranked opponents.

Yeah, there's many stats within the stats. Too many to list out. I honestly thought UW was better than 100 in total defense. But a lot of the conference is in the bottom half. 

On 11/6/2023 at 11:43 AM, utenation said:

Like I said, BARNES IS GOOD. come in my end of the pool, water’s fine. 

On 11/6/2023 at 9:34 AM, utenation said:

Current lines:

UW-8.5. Moving down a hair

Oregon -15.5. Damn this is big

AZ -10

OSU -21

UCLA -17

Cal/WSU Even

Bet the house on Stanford to cover.  We win, but I doubt we’ll win against the spread given our offense’s relative lack of explosiveness lately.   

On 11/7/2023 at 9:11 AM, Orange said:

Like I said, BARNES IS GOOD. come in my end of the pool, water’s fine. 

I will admit, he's doing better than I thought overall this year.  It's helped that he was tagged as the #1 guy finally a few weeks ago, so getting all the #1 reps at practice. He's had some terrible games. Baylor, Oregon and 2023 Rose Bowl.  I don't think he's the guy to lead Utah to a P12 or any conference championship. 

We've been spoiled with Cam Rising in 2021 and 2022. Pure gamer and tough as nails.  Good stats. It we had Cam this year and a few more offensive pieces, I would be expecting to compete for the P12 this year. We averaged about 40 points per game and almost 500 yards per game in 2022. We finished ranked 11th nationally in total offense.  Look at the offensive stats this year. Bad, but getting better. 

WEEK 11 WINNERS and LOSERS

Arizona over Colorado, 37-20 (AZ has found a QB and is on a roll, while Colorado is struggling, and I want @utenation to be happy).

Utah over Washington, 35-34 (My PAC12 upset of the week)

Cal over Washington State, 41-30 (Wazzu hasn't played in several weeks and that trend will continue on the road at California)

Stanford over Oregon State, 62-7 (Because@Orange has influenced my thinking about OSU)

UCLA over ASU, 38-19 (UCLA is a better team than ASU)

USC over Oregon 48-45 (USC as flirted with wins over Utah and Washington.  This week I think they get over the hump and pull out a win over Oregon)