P12 Hoops 23/24

utenation

Adem Bona is defensive player of the year and the only kid not three years removed from high school to make the all conference list, which shows you that experience matters right now. Or that the underclassmen sucked.

On 3/11/2024 at 9:00 PM, glduck said:

I dunno about that. Arizona will have the harder quarterfinal game, but WSU will have a much more difficult semifinal. 

I think WSU is overrated myself. Arizona has the street cred and it's well deserved.  Anyone saying otherwise has drank too much WSU Kool-Aid.

Kyle Smith really hasn't done anything in a meaningful post season tourney. WSU hasn't been to the dance since 2008. 

On 3/12/2024 at 2:34 PM, EastCoastFan said:
Pac-12 Tournament championship odds for every team:
  • Arizona: -175.
  • Colorado: +500.
  • Washington State: +600.
  • Oregon: +1200.
  • Utah: +1400.
  • USC: +2000.
  • Washington: +4000.
  • UCLA: +4000.

If I were in Vegas I would probably put a bet in on USC - not that I think they are favorites, but better than a 20-1 shot.

Off topic but ran across this interview with Kyle Weaver guard on our last two tourney teams.  What’s your most memorable moment at WSU Kyle?:

IMG_2303.thumb.png.5de0c8f14ce7d2737f0277287432d703.png

Who was Dick shitting on?

• First player in Pac-12 history to collect at least 1,000 points, 500 rebounds, 450 assists, 175 steals and 75 blocked shots in a career.
  • Among WSU's all-time top five for assists, steals and minutes played, top 10 for blocks, and top 20 for scoring, rebounds and free throws made.
  • A two-time All-Pac-10 honoree.

On 3/13/2024 at 3:34 PM, utenation said:

USC- Such a waste of talent this year and only a 9 seed. Sure they had some injuries but so have other P12 teams. 

Enfield seems like wasted money. 

Andy can recruit.  Although, when you're in L.A. at the fashion school with the stars upon you, it isn't like getting somebody to Pullman or SLC.  What he hasn't been able to do is to meld all of that talent this year into something that can beat a bunch of rather average Pac-12 schools, or UC Irvine or Long Beach St for that matter.  Maybe the Bronny heart attack sent things into disarray, working on their heads.  But there's plenty of talent outside of that.  Possibly he can pull the big upset over Arizona for a second time; he's won five out his last six at the close of the season.  But if he does pull the upset, he's lost twice to Wazoo, and is literally owned by Boyle (9 of the last 12), year in and year out.

On 3/13/2024 at 3:24 PM, EastCoastFan said:

Andy can recruit.  Although, when you're in L.A. at the fashion school with the stars upon you, it isn't like getting somebody to Pullman or SLC.  What he hasn't been able to do is to meld all of that talent this year into something that can beat a bunch of rather average Pac-12 schools, or UC Irvine or Long Beach St for that matter.  Maybe the Bronny heart attack sent things into disarray, working on their heads.  But there's plenty of talent outside of that.  Possibly he can pull the big upset over Arizona for a second time; he's won five out his last six at the close of the season.  But if he does pull the upset, he's lost twice to Wazoo, and is literally owned by Boyle (9 of the last 12), year in and year out.

Yeah, I agree. 

My main point about wasted talent is, this team is loaded with talent.  They are finally playing more to their potential in March but the damage of incompetent coaching is already done unless they win the P12 Tourney. I think they play AZ tough. 

USC should easily be an NCAA Tourney team this year even with injuries. A good coach will find a work around with quite a bit of talent remaining.

USC was picked 2nd in pre-season for a reason and held down the bottom all year. 

Utah favored by just under 7 tonight. Which means we will lose by 10. Lol. Vegas must not be watching the same Ute team I have this year. 

Utah got swept by a pathetic ASU team this year. Embarrassing.

Branden Carlson is 50/50 on playing tonight with an arm injury from the Oregon game.  He’ll be a game time decision.  We probably lose with him but have an almost zero % chance without him. 

Prove me wrong Craig Smith. I’d love that. 

And Utah hands out an ass whipping. Glad I was wrong.  ASU really missed Perez.  He tore Utah up both times this year.  Carlson wasn’t needed tonight. Our guards finally were on fire. 

I said it in early Jan. The Utes have no business losing to ASU on any court. Glad they finally proved it tonight. 

Watching Hurley blow up on the sideline getting T’d up is always priceless. 

• Like 1

On 3/12/2024 at 6:26 AM, azgreg said:

You could've stopped right there and been much more accurate.

I’m not sure what conference Don has been watching the last 10 years and I’m not sure he knows where to find stats other than tweets from WSU homers. 

AZ has won 5 P12 Tourneys in the last 8 years with a great shot to win this year too. AZ has pretty much doubled up on the next school with 9 titles total.  BTW, WSU has the worst P12 Tourney record of all 12 teams. 

Like Washington in football, I hope AZ has a chance to bring home an NC in our final year. 

Can’t be losing to another Princeton this year. 👍