2034 Olympics back to SLC?

utenation

Looks like it. We would really have to mess things up to not get it. 

https://www.abc4.com/news/wasatch-front/could-salt-lake-city-be-selected-as-a-preferred-host-for-the-winter-games-today/

I was a young buck back in 2002 when they came before and it was completely awesome. I soaked it all in, going to as many events as possible. The parties were off the charts, especially for SLC..  City officials really did relax on alcohol restrictions. Everyone was walking around downtown with open containers.

I also remember how tight security was with 9/11 issues. My buddy had a cabin at Jeremy Ranch(near Park City) and we were riding snowmobiles around the area. Got up to one trail and were told to turn around by the US Military. We did get a quick look at a SAM site.  I've never seen so many M-16's in my life during these games at certain sites.

I hope I'm alive in 2034. LOL. 

If I had posted this story, or a similar story, everyone on here would have blasted me with:  "THIS IS A PAC12 MESSAGE BOARD!  WTF does a story about the Olympics have to do with the PAC12?  Nobody cares.  You're such a waste."

To that end @utenation - "THIS IS A PAC12 MESSAGE BOARD!  WTF does a story about the Olympics have to do with the PAC12?  Nobody cares.  You're such a waste."

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2023 at 6:10 AM, HLB said:

If I had posted this story, or a similar story, everyone on here would have blasted me with:  "THIS IS A PAC12 MESSAGE BOARD!  WTF does a story about the Olympics have to do with the PAC12?  Nobody cares.  You're such a waste."

To that end @utenation - "THIS IS A PAC12 MESSAGE BOARD!  WTF does a story about the Olympics have to do with the PAC12?  Nobody cares.  You're such a waste."

A few years ago, a study determined that the Pac-12 has more olympians than any other conference in US history.  We're a conference of the very best athletes, people, and devotion to sport of any conference, anywhere, ever.

https://pac-12.com/article/2017/09/21/pac-12-conference-produces-most-us-olympians-olympic-history-according-study

Eat shit, hillbilly.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2023 at 4:50 PM, Orange said:

A few years ago, a study determined that the Pac-12 has more olympians than any other conference in US history.  We're a conference of the very best athletes, people, and devotion to sport of any conference, anywhere, ever.

https://pac-12.com/article/2017/09/21/pac-12-conference-produces-most-us-olympians-olympic-history-according-study

Eat shit, hillbilly.

1. Good post

2. We are Westerners(assuming most of us) and this will have a big impact on all of Team USA that largely already train here and in Colorado. Including the up and coming USA athletes that will compete that usually get started in high school and college. 

3.  The only moron here that doesn’t understand this and would give a crying “ what about me” reply post is HLB. 

On 12/13/2023 at 7:59 PM, utenation said:

1. Good post

2. We are Westerners(assuming most of us) and this will have a big impact on all of Team USA that largely already train here and in Colorado. Including the up and coming USA athletes that will compete that usually get started in high school and college. 

3.  The only moron here that doesn’t understand this and would give a crying “ what about me” reply post is HLB. 

I've been trying to find the standings for the SEC ski teams and keep coming up dry.  Our outlook is different depending on whether we're high in the mountains, or stuck in the Mississippi mud.

On 12/13/2023 at 8:48 PM, EastCoastFan said:

I've been trying to find the standings for the SEC ski teams and keep coming up dry.  Our outlook is different depending on whether we're high in the mountains, or stuck in the Mississippi mud.

And the Olympics is world wide sporting news. But probably not for knuckle dragging SEC fans like the resident troll here.