Utah at USC

DCtheUteFan

Last weekend proved that USC wasn't ready to rally around the flag after all the turmoil.  I think they're done before kickoff.  Utes by 2 TDs.

USC lost to a very good team last weekend. Notre Dame could be a playoff team when everything's said and done. Heading into the 4th quarter, USC had rallied to take the lead. Just because they ended up losing doesn't mean they're now dead in the water. Another loss hurts the Trojans but it also adds urgency. This team is desperate and will be looking to make a statement. And what better statement than beating the #3 team in the country? Something tells me the Utes are about to walk into a buzzsaw this weekend. 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure I'd go that far, but it seems like Utah has struggled in conference road games in the past.  Yes, they dominated Oregon this season -- but that win doesn't look as good now as it did then.

I think it will be a good test for both teams.

USC lost to a very good team last weekend. Notre Dame could be a playoff team when everything's said and done. Heading into the 4th quarter, USC had rallied to take the lead. Just because they ended up losing doesn't mean they're now dead in the water. Another loss hurts the Trojans but it also adds urgency. This team is desperate and will be looking to make a statement. And what better statement than beating the #3 team in the country? Something tells me the Utes are about to walk into a buzzsaw this weekend. 

A very good ND team?  Really? 

A very good ND team?  Really? 

Yes really. Their only loss of the season is to an undefeated Clemson team, on the road, in a rainstorm, and by a mere two points no less. They have a veteran o-line, a quarterback who gets better every game, big play receivers, the 6th most productive running back in the country, and a solid defense that has only allowed more than 30 points once this year. From what I've seen of them so far, they don't appear to have any major weaknesses. Don't write them off just because last year's Notre Dame team wilted down the stretch. This is a playoff caliber roster and I'm not sure there's a single team left on their schedule, outside of Stanford, who can stop them. 

I'm not sure I'd go that far, but it seems like Utah has struggled in conference road games in the past. Yes, they dominated Oregon this season -- but that win doesn't look as good now as it did then.

I think it will be a good test for both teams.

Utah was 4-1 on the road in conference last year with wins over UCLA, Stanford, OSU and CU. We also beat Michigan at the big house.

Hopefully that continues but we haven't beat USC in LA yet. So it will be a challenge.

A very good ND team? Really?

Yes really. Their only loss of the season is to an undefeated Clemson team, on the road, in a rainstorm, and by a mere two points no less.

On the other side of that, ND has only beat a #14 Georgia Tech team (week 2) that has since dropped like a rock out of the rankings.

Yes really. Their only loss of the season is to an undefeated Clemson team, on the road, in a rainstorm, and by a mere two points no less. They have a veteran o-line, a quarterback who gets better every game, big play receivers, the 6th most productive running back in the country, and a solid defense that has only allowed more than 30 points once this year. From what I've seen of them so far, they don't appear to have any major weaknesses. Don't write them off just because last year's Notre Dame team wilted down the stretch. This is a playoff caliber roster and I'm not sure there's a single team left on their schedule, outside of Stanford, who can stop them.

USC is their best win and they barely won that game. Georgia tech has proven to be a mediocre team. You dock Cal as overrated for compiling a 5-1 record against mediocre competition but Norte dame is not only a good team but a great one? Wake me when they beat someone with a pulse. Someone who didn't just lose at home to UW, the team Cal beat on the road. I bet Cal would have to tier stats if they played the defenses ND has.

Yeah, most of the consensus I've read is that Notre Dame is nowhere near as good as their record suggests. That's news to me that they're "playoff caliber".

Losing Malik Zaire ended any chance of ND being a playoff team. Stanford is going to roll them.

The nice thing about being in the PAC is we just need to keep winning then everyone can choke on their disrespect. Membership has its privileges.

There's been many talking heads and a few posters here that continue to pick against Utah since the Oregon game. They've eaten their words for three games straight.

I honestly think some P12 fans are having a hard time seeing Utah have success in this conference as a new comer. It's understandable and Utah very well could stumble but it sure has been a nice ride for almost two months.

Just win baby. One at a time.

Archived