Utah at USC

DCtheUteFan

Not in the pick'em pool ... every single one of us chose Utah over Cal

Yeah, I haven't looked at that. Just going off posts here from a few posters that seem to have the same theme since Oregon and I'm not keeping exact scores. Visiting the ASU board was interesting before and after they lost.

I just listened to Phil Steele pick USC to win out. Many of the ESPN and P12 networks clowns have had Utah losing the last 3 games.

Personally, I don't really mind and get a snicker after wins, it's all opinion, no harm. Utah's players and coaches love any disrespect, so it works out pretty well.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just listened to Phil Steele pick USC to win out. Many of the ESPN and P12 networks clowns have had Utah losing the last 3 games.

I respect Phil Steele a lot. He called for Stanford's miraculous turnaround this season, which pretty much no one saw coming. Not even Stanford fans. He also predicted the Beavers stunning turnaround from 3-9 to 9-3 in 2012. But if I have to fault the guy on something it's that he has a massive boner for USC. He consistently picks USC to win the conference annually, even after they repeatedly fail to live up to his lofty expectations. Not sure what the deal is there because otherwise he's pretty objective. But he just keeps on riding that Trojan train right into the ground every year.

I respect Phil Steele a lot. He called for Stanford's miraculous turnaround this season, which pretty much no one saw coming. Not even Stanford fans. He also predicted the Beavers stunning turnaround from 3-9 to 9-3 in 2012. But if I have to fault the guy on something it's that he has a massive boner for USC. He consistently picks USC to win the conference annually, even after they repeatedly fail to live up to his lofty expectations. Not sure what the deal is there because otherwise he's pretty objective. But he just keeps on riding that Trojan train right into the ground every year.

Pre season he claimed Kendal Thompson would win the starting job over Travis Wilson.

His overall %s are probably good but there is no way this man watches as much football as he talks about. Just a stat machine.

Miraculous turnaround?  Everyone was predicting Stanford to do well including me.  Hell, I predicted them to win the North and the CCG.  At least two of the ESPN analysts predicted the same thing with one of them predicting Stanford to win the damn thing.  The joke on these boards before the season started was that Stanford had won the the fall camp national title. 

Miraculous turnaround?  Everyone was predicting Stanford to do well including me.  Hell, I predicted them to win the North and the CCG.  At least two of the ESPN analysts predicted the same thing with one of them predicting Stanford to win the damn thing.  The joke on these boards before the season started was that Stanford had won the the fall camp national title. 

Indeed, the only thing no one saw coming was Stanford's disastrous showing against Northwestern.  They finally resurfaced to match preseason projections.

Anyone else getting the feeling CardTricks is ..... a little off?

I honestly think some P12 fans are having a hard time seeing Utah have success in this conference as a new comer. It's understandable and Utah very well could stumble but it sure has been a nice ride for almost two months.

There may be some of that, although I don't feel that way (CU is another story  :D).

What you're facing in USC is the generally accepted notion most Pac-12 fans have, that at any given moment the Trojans have more talent and depth than any other team in the league. 

I am starting to think this whole "Trojans have more talent" is a crock.  Since the sanctions, they certainly don't have more depth.

If you look at USC's roster and then look at the the 4 and 5-star backups, it certainly appears that on paper, USC has amazing depth.  The fact is, USC gets pretty much whoever they want.  The problem is, for the most part, USC hasn't been developing the kids they've been getting.  Just like Michigan, the right coach could turn USC into an instant juggernaut because the talent is there. 

David Shaw finds a way to get very talented players to Stanford despite the fact that he can only choose less than 10% of the D-1 caliber HS talent.  Whit has been winning at Utah with mostly 3-star talent across the board. What those coaches could do at a place like USC, that is barely hampered by academic requirements and who is instantly in almost every kids top 5 regardless of where he lives, is frightening. 

I'm not surprised the oddsmakers are showing USC as a 4 point favorite. Vegas has made billions on USC over the years.

SC has the talent to beat any team in the country. The problem (as I've stated many times) is the coaching and arrogant attitude. Due to the talent, there is a lot of arrogance. USC could run the ball 65% of the time and beat any team. They continue to try to throw as a show of arrogance. Their running game could be the best in the conference with their hogs and runners.

You watch what happens on Saturday. They will pass 60% of the time, turn the ball over and lose again even though they have the better athletes than Utah.

I was given two tickets for the game Saturday and I'm half tempted to go. 30 rows on the 25 yard line. Cheer for Utah or cheer against SC? 

If anyone wants these tickets if I don't end up going, message me through this system. I'll send you a link through flash seats if I don't end up going. 

Parrish Walton â€@ParrishWalton  1h

USC is a 3.5-pt. home favorite over undefeated Utah. 69% of the public money is on Utah, yet the line hasn’t budged. Hmmmm…

Vegas doing Vegas things. I am not sure why so many people pull the lines from the game and act like that is the predictor of the score that is going to happen. They are set to make money and apply even betting on either side.

How so?

I think the line is generally artificially a bit biased towards any LA team because of the proximity to Vegas, and wealthy Los Angeles fans betting on their teams. I recall being in Vegas for game four of the series between the Jazz and the Lakers the last time the Jazz went to the finals ( the Jazz were up 3-0 ) when it was pretty apparent the Lakers were done. The Lakers were still favored by 6 or 8, and I got 2-1 on my moneyline bet. They set lines to try and get an even amount of action on each side and collect the vig risk free.

Archived