The "Save us, Bruce" Thread

MrBug708

What a do of us.

It's gonna be Arena I bet

I really hope not.  The time is now to make a big splash and look internationally.  Why limit ourselves to the mediocre coaching talent that is American.  We have money, international prestige (although not in soccer) and I'm sure there are several ego-maniac coaches who would like nothing more than to be the guy who put America on the soccer map. 

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a stop gag measure for this cycle. I like it. There isn't time for a culture change right now. He just needs to not piss off the dual Americans

ummm, too late?  His comments the other day could have been found in the "how to piss off the dual Americans" handbook. 

Don't get me wrong.  I wouldn't be bummed if we hired Arenas, he's solid and I thought he never deserved to be fired in the first place.  However, these vacancies only open every so often.  Why waste time?  I think we should just go for it -- we still have plenty of time for a culture change.  I think we qualify no matter who we hire.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

He sure looks better than he ever did under JK.  Defense was apparently also much better against a formidable T&T attack.  

Sucks for T&T, this looked to be one of their best teams ever.  If they were ever going to qualify for a world cup, this appeared to be the team to do it especially after their impressive Gold Cup runner-up performance.  Unfortunately for them, with 3 points in 5 qualifying games, it doesn't look good.  They are in last place and while things can change in a hurry, they desperately need a win.  

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.espnfc.us/fifa-world-cup/story/3122727/fifa-to-give-us-world-cup-hosting-rivals-three-months-to-make-bid

2026 World Cup decision to be made by next year's World Cup in Russia.  I'm almost 100% certain that the North American bid will be the winner this time around.

2026 is 9 years away but a lot could change between now and 2026.  What will the sports landscape be like then?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived