NFL Thread

PAC MAN

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/15/2017 at 3:02 PM, All Hail said:

I was reading an article and came across some ridiculous Aaron Rodgers stats now that he is 2 TD's away from 300.  These stats are even more impressive when you consider the Packers have spent the 5th least on non-QB offensive players in the league.  Imagine if GB was investing in Rodgers' supporting cast.

morris-skepticalnfl-1.png?w=1150&quality

DJpj8yKUEAA3ORA.jpg

Here's some fun with numbers: Player A and Player B have the exact same career completion percentage.  Player A's career LOW interception percentage is 2.1%; Player B's career HIGH interception percentage is 2.1%.  Player A's career QB rating is 83.7; Player B's career QB rating is 88.9

Player B is Colin Kaepernick.  Player A is surefire hall-of-famer Eli Manning.

16 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

A huge difference is Eli Manning won 2 super bowls and that's why hes going into the hall of fame, not because of his numbers

He was handed that 1st Super Bowl.  Defense played amazing and then he threw up a 4th down prayer that was answered.  He did play well in the 2nd Super Bowl and that throw to Manningham was very clutch. 

3 hours ago, All Hail said:

He was handed that 1st Super Bowl.  Defense played amazing and then he threw up a 4th down prayer that was answered.  He did play well in the 2nd Super Bowl and that throw to Manningham was very clutch. 

I was using win loosely because QBs generally get the most credit when their teams win super bowls

personally, i would argue against little brother making it in; not sure he's ever been a top 5 quarterback in any one given season.

that said, he's getting in. in addition to those two super bowls, he's never hurt so by the time he's done he's going to have some lofty career numbers. 

11 minutes ago, glduck said:

personally, i would argue against little brother making it in; not sure he's ever been a top 5 quarterback in any one given season.

that said, he's getting in. in addition to those two super bowls, he's never hurt so by the time he's done he's going to have some lofty career numbers. 

I'm 50/50 on Manning the younger.  As you said, the guy is made out of steel.  He's taken a ton of hits in his career and never gets hurt -- or even shows any signs that he's hurt.  The guy certainly has a clutch gene too and saves his best performances for the playoffs.   However, he's lead the league in interceptions several times and has never come close to winning a regular season MVP.  Don't you have to win an MVP award one time to be a hall of fame QB?  If you never had an elite season then why are you hall of fame worthy?  Is longevity and clutch performance enough?

As an aside, Superbowl wins mean next-to-nothing to me when it comes to HOF discussions.  Football is the ultimate team sport and Superbowls are rarely won by individuals.  Give a mediocre qb like Sam Bradford that Ravens defense and he wins 2-3 superbowls.     

3 hours ago, All Hail said:

I'm 50/50 on Manning the younger.  As you said, the guy is made out of steel.  He's taken a ton of hits in his career and never gets hurt -- or even shows any signs that he's hurt.  The guy certainly has a clutch gene too and saves his best performances for the playoffs.   However, he's lead the league in interceptions several times and has never come close to winning a regular season MVP.  Don't you have to win an MVP award one time to be a hall of fame QB?  If you never had an elite season then why are you hall of fame worthy?  Is longevity and clutch performance enough?

As an aside, Superbowl wins mean next-to-nothing to me when it comes to HOF discussions.  Football is the ultimate team sport and Superbowls are rarely won by individuals.  Give a mediocre qb like Sam Bradford that Ravens defense and he wins 2-3 superbowls.     

I agree that he shouldn't go to the HOF based on super bowl wins but the NFL is always been about legacy and what have you done and Super Bowls matter. Of he had no wins or even a single win, I doubt he sniffs it at all.

i'd be a bad hall of fame voter because my metrics change constantly. eli is a no for me despite two super bowls and a career that will likely end top 10 in touchdowns and yards (i could be wrong, but longevity usually wins out in these categories) but i was on the kurt warner-for-the-hall of fame bandwagon the moment he retired despite kurt warner really only having five good seasons... but those five good seasons were AMAZEBALLS. i wouldn't have voted for him for his time with st. louis alone, and (ironically) he was dogshit in new york and gave way to eli, but combine his work with the rams and his career revival in arizona... that's gold, imo. i was really glad he got in.

1 hour ago, glduck said:

i'd be a bad hall of fame voter because my metrics change constantly. eli is a no for me despite two super bowls and a career that will likely end top 10 in touchdowns and yards (i could be wrong, but longevity usually wins out in these categories) but i was on the kurt warner-for-the-hall of fame bandwagon the moment he retired despite kurt warner really only having five good seasons... but those five good seasons were AMAZEBALLS. i wouldn't have voted for him for his time with st. louis alone, and (ironically) he was dogshit in new york and gave way to eli, but combine his work with the rams and his career revival in arizona... that's gold, imo. i was really glad he got in.

Add Terrell Davis to that as well, just based on what his teammates say about his ability as a back before that fluke knee injury while making a tackle.  I was thrilled when both were voted Hall of Fame players.

Archived