NFL Thread

PAC MAN

20 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

Was that three incompletes to Cooper in the red zone instead of hand off to lunch?

Old man Lynch isn't going to do much down there anyways.  We saw what he had left in 2015, and it wasn't much.  I'm sure he'll have 1-2 good games, but it will be similar to Emmit Smith with the cards or the number of other RB who thought they could still play after leaving the team they once dominated for.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

officials call back a fat guy touchdown for mankind's weakest block in the back and eject jeremy lane for throwing a punch replay and both troy and buck couldn't find.

notmally i'm cool with a little incompetence with my football but FAT GUY TOUCHDOWNS SHOULD NOT BE MESSED WITH.

1 hour ago, glduck said:

officials call back a fat guy touchdown for mankind's weakest block in the back and eject jeremy lane for throwing a punch replay and both troy and buck couldn't find.

notmally i'm cool with a little incompetence with my football but FAT GUY TOUCHDOWNS SHOULD NOT BE MESSED WITH.

It wasn't even a block in the back, you're allowed to block on the side and if the defender turns you can still continue blocking.  That's what happened, and the fox official guy in NY even said as much.  And the phantom punch they threw out Lane for was weak also, since it didn't happen.

i'm constantly amazed that tom cable gets such a free pass. we've drafted A LOT of linemen with very high draft picks under his watch. 

what worries me specifically about this group is that the packers have maybe the 9th or 10th best DL we will see this year, and they WHIPPED us up front. it's not like aaron donald (who we'll see next week!) just wrecked our shit and we shrug and say "well, that was to be expected." today's game was NOT supposed to be such a wild mismatch up front. 

what also gets me is that going on three years now we play ultra shitty first half football and don't really get it together late at which point we've gone up tempo as we're racing the clock. wilson is money in these situations. you can't run that all the time and expect the D to sustain its dominant self, but why not mix it in a bit early? score first, hold the lead, ball control?

13 hours ago, glduck said:

i'm constantly amazed that tom cable gets such a free pass. we've drafted A LOT of linemen with very high draft picks under his watch. 

what worries me specifically about this group is that the packers have maybe the 9th or 10th best DL we will see this year, and they WHIPPED us up front. it's not like aaron donald (who we'll see next week!) just wrecked our shit and we shrug and say "well, that was to be expected." today's game was NOT supposed to be such a wild mismatch up front. 

what also gets me is that going on three years now we play ultra shitty first half football and don't really get it together late at which point we've gone up tempo as we're racing the clock. wilson is money in these situations. you can't run that all the time and expect the D to sustain its dominant self, but why not mix it in a bit early? score first, hold the lead, ball control?

Seattle has no identity on offense. 

On 9/10/2017 at 11:21 AM, RogueDuck said:

Old man Lynch isn't going to do much down there anyways.  We saw what he had left in 2015, and it wasn't much.  I'm sure he'll have 1-2 good games, but it will be similar to Emmit Smith with the cards or the number of other RB who thought they could still play after leaving the team they once dominated for.

Yeah, he's got nothing left, 

Signed,  USC alum Jurell Casey

12 minutes ago, RogueDuck said:

We'll see, but I'd predict he doesn't have much of that left.  I hope he does, but I've watched to many great RB just fall off.

According to everyone both in the media and on the field, he looks great and is far more fresh than he is rusty.   He also has the benefit of running behind a far superior offensive line than what he enjoyed at Seattle :)  But who knows, you could be right.  I guess we will see. 

Archived