NFL Thread

PAC MAN

That's not quite how it goes. HE offered him a pretty sizeable contract, but someone else offered him more. Elway still wanted him but was outbid. Now he's got a bad QB on a cheap contract. Not sure how that is winning as if Brock takes some snaps for you guys, you aren't winning much

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, MrBug708 said:

That's not quite how it goes. HE offered him a pretty sizeable contract, but someone else offered him more. Elway still wanted him but was outbid. Now he's got a bad QB on a cheap contract. Not sure how that is winning as if Brock takes some snaps for you guys, you aren't winning much

Still a better option than Lynch at this point.  I think Broncos will take sometime to identify the true long term solution at QB.  Might be Siemian.  Might be Osweiler.  Might be Chad Kelly, the 2017 Mr. Irrelevant who was a good one at Ole Miss and beat Bama twice in his short career in Oxford.  There will probably be another QB competition in preseason next year as well.

McCoy is one heck of an offensive coach and he was able to tailor the offense for Tim Tebow and Tebow led the Broncos to the playoffs that season.  Based on that, he'll be able to work with any Broncos QB on the roster.

There's a reason why Elway got a five year extension on his GM contract just before this season starts.  He earned it with that Super Bowl 50 win.

Broncos basically have until the 2019 season to identify that QB.  TJ Ward was the first casualty of Von Miller's huge contract.  Aqib Talib looks like he will be the next to go next offseason if not after the 2018 season.  Von Miller and Chris Harris Jr will hit 30 around 2020 so that window between now to the 2019 season is critical for the Broncos at QB.  If no long term answer by the 2019 season, the Broncos might go after another vet like they did with Peyton Manning.

My expectations for CU is higher than the Broncos this upcoming season and that was the case last season as well.  Before that it was Broncos with higher expectations.  One of the duo usually has a good season while the other doesn't.  It's rare that both are good at the same time.  I'm riding the CU train for at least the next three seasons then I will see where both teams go.

And there is a stupid rumor going around in Colorado that the Denver Broncos might rebrand themselves the Colorado Broncos like the Boston Patriots rebranded themselves the New England Patriots.  I do see the reasoning behind that but having two "CB" teams in the same state would be so confusing to the idiot fans in that state.

That rookie Chiefs RB #27 really rescued himself after fumbling on his first carry by having nearly 250 all purpose yards and 3 TDs.

Chiefs have Smith at QB and Marhomes as the future at QB.

That Hunt (#27) just threw his name into the ROY contest.

You have Hill at WR and on special teams.

You have that hot tempered Kelce at TE.

Chiefs look solid on offense for awhile.

i am quietly fired up at the seahawks' chances this year. i meant what i said in my predictions post a page or two ago, i thought you could etch in stone an 11-5 year w/ a divisional round playoff loss, but the sheldon richardson trade has changed everything. adding an elite player to an elite-but-maybe-getting-a-tad-bit-stale defense, especially one on the line, has me thinking seattle has as good of a chance as anyone going into this season.

tough opener -- @ green bay -- but overall the schedule is pretty favorable. the oft-overrated nfc east and the terrible afc south, plus a full round robin with a vulnerable nfc west. homefield should be attainable, and seattle hasn't lost a home playoff game since 2004 (10-0).

** cue richardson dislocating both knees in week two **

I'm not so quietly fading the Raiders this year.  The AFC West is just too savage of an division to have a defense as shitty as ours.  Unless Carr and the offense are able to put up 30+ every night, I just don't see how we overcome the Chiefs and the Chargers.  We will also probably drop a game to the Broncos too.  The schedule is brutal and I think there's a major possibility the Raiders don't make the playoffs.  

5 minutes ago, All Hail said:

I'm not so quietly fading the Raiders this year.  The AFC West is just too savage of an division to have a defense as shitty as ours.  Unless Carr and the offense are able to put up 30+ every night, I just don't see how we overcome the Chiefs and the Chargers.  We will also probably drop a game to the Broncos too.  The schedule is brutal and I think there's a major possibility the Raiders don't make the playoffs.  

You think the Chargers and Chiefs will be a tougher task than Denver?

i don't know what to think about the chiefs. they've dismantled the pats before (trent dilfer's infamous "the patriots are no longer good" quip, which was immediately followed by the pats winning two of the next three super bowls) so was last night a kansas city statement game, or just a team that happens to have another team's number? losing eric berry is brutal. 

that said, the KC offense looks like it could be amazing. they have enough premiere talent to make alex smith's trademark "dump off to the flat" primary read excel, and good god the man was even throwing deep with success last night. chilling. hunt had as good of a first game as you'll ever see. 

34 minutes ago, All Hail said:

Without a doubt.   They are more talented across the board and have more balance.  Denver, just like Oakland, is one dimensional. 

Seems like we hear about how talented SD is every year, and every year they finished with about 5 wins and at the bottom of the division. They have a better QB than Denver, though he is a turnover machine. They have a better RB, but that is about it. Denver has better defense all around, and better WR's. Not sure how you came to the conclusion they are more talented across the board.

28 minutes ago, glduck said:

i don't know what to think about the chiefs. they've dismantled the pats before (trent dilfer's infamous "the patriots are no longer good" quip, which was immediately followed by the pats winning two of the next three super bowls) so was last night a kansas city statement game, or just a team that happens to have another team's number? losing eric berry is brutal. 

that said, the KC offense looks like it could be amazing. they have enough premiere talent to make alex smith's trademark "dump off to the flat" primary read excel, and good god the man was even throwing deep with success last night. chilling. hunt had as good of a first game as you'll ever see. 

I don't think KC will look like the world beaters they did last night but I do think they have improved offensively from a team that won the brutal AFC West.  They also have Justin Houston back and will eventually get Tamba Hali back too!  However, the loss of Eric Berry is huge.  I think KC will probably win 10-12 games.   They have so much speed on that offense now and damn can they block.  

Before this game, NE had beaten KC 5 times in a row so I'm not sure they had their number. 

2 minutes ago, Scummy Dick Douglas said:

Seems like we hear about how talented SD is every year, and every year they finished with about 5 wins and at the bottom of the division. They have a better QB than Denver, though he is a turnover machine. They have a better RB, but that is about it. Denver has better defense all around, and better WR's. Not sure how you came to the conclusion they are more talented across the board.

I tend to agree.  San Diego will get zero wins this year.

6 minutes ago, Scummy Dick Douglas said:

They lost their 2 starting WR's last year and had their star DE miss the first 4 games.  They also lost like 8 games by 3 points.  They have a solid QB, some of the best skill players in the NFL, and can get after the passer.  They certainly have more weaknesses than KC but not more than Denver or Oakland.   I would take KC's, Oakland's and SD's pass catchers over Denver's.   It doesn't even matter, at the end of the day, Denver easily has the worst QB in the division and he can't get them the ball.  Thomas had by far the worst year full season of his career and he's turning 30 this year.  Sanders is also 30.  Denver's rb - even if he is a Cal alum -- is mediocre at best and the offensive line is garbage.  Good luck with that offense. 

Also want to point out (and I am sure many here will accuse me of smoking that CO weed) that the jury is still very much out on Seimien. I, like many, am guilty of assuming he will never be anything more than a middle of road QB. The numbers might say otherwise. Take a look at his stats last season. Then compare his numbers as a first year starter and compare it to the first year numbers of other QBs you consider great. And don't forget the absolute shit show of a OL he played behind, and more importantly, that he played through most of the season with a fairly significant shoulder (non throwing) injury. I am interested to see what he can do this season if he can stay healthy.

Admittedly, my curiosity is somewhat forced by the situation. I was wowed by Paxton Lynch's measurable and really hoped he would come on strong and take the job. The coaches gave him every opportunity, but its not looking great for him.

Archived