NFL Thread

PAC MAN

4 minutes ago, All Hail said:

They lost their 2 starting WR's last year and had their star DE miss the first 4 games.  They also lost like 8 games by 3 points.  They have a solid QB, some of the best skill players in the NFL, and can get after the passer.  They certainly have more weaknesses than KC but not more than Denver or Oakland.   I would take KC's, Oakland's and SD's pass catchers over Denver's.   It doesn't even matter, at the end of the day, Denver easily has the worst QB in the division and he can't get them the ball.  Denver's rb - even if he is a Cal alum -- is mediocre at best and the offensive line is garbage.  Good luck with that offense. 

SD's OL is also hot garbage. In fact, remind yourself who their LT is. 

I would like to hear from others here on this question as well. You would honestly take:

OAK: Amari Cooper and Michael Crabtree

or

KC: Chris Conley and Tyreek Hill

or

SD: Keenan Allen and Tyrell Williams

over

DEN: Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders ?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Scummy Dick Douglas said:

I would like to hear from others here on this question as well. You would honestly take:

or

or

over

You're conveniently leaving out the TE position, where Denver is once again outclassed.  You're also leaving out the Chargers 1st round draft pick Mike Williams, who will return by midseason at the latest. 

1 minute ago, All Hail said:

Semien wasn't your average NFL rookie as he was 25 and he turns 26 in December.  Compare that to Goff who was 20.  I think his ceiling is Alex Smith and that's an absolute best case scenario.  Alex Smith never had decent WRs until this season. 

When was the last time Alex Smith had a shit OL in front of him? Alex Smith's WR's were just fine in SF.

Lets use another Cal players as a comparison: Aaron Rodgers. He was older when he finally started, have sat for 3 years before getting the nod. (Seimien sat for one). First year stats:

Rodgers: 16 gms / 63.6% / 4038 yds / 28 tds / 13 ints

Seimien: 14 gms / 59.5% / 3401 yds / 18 tds / 10 ints

Not saying he will ever be Rodgers, but again, we are not sure what he will be.

8 minutes ago, All Hail said:

You're conveniently leaving out the TE position, where Denver is once again outclassed.  You're also leaving out the Chargers 1st round draft pick Mike Williams, who will return by midseason at the latest. 

Agreed, Denver has the worst TE situation in the division. But they are certainly on par with or better off at WR than the rest of the division. Honestly the only true WR I would take over D. Thomas or Sanders (and I really don't like Sanders) is Amari Cooper. Tyreek Hill is awesome, but not as a pure WR. Keenan Allen is a great WR2, but SD has no true WR1. 

10 minutes ago, Scummy Dick Douglas said:

Agreed, Denver has the worst TE situation in the division. But they are certainly on par with or better off at WR than the rest of the division. Honestly the only true WR I would take over D. Thomas or Sanders (and I really don't like Sanders) is Amari Cooper. Tyreek Hill is awesome, but not as a pure WR. Keenan Allen is a great WR2, but SD has no true WR1. 

I would take Hill, Allen, and Crabtree over Sanders although with Allen its close because he is injury prone.  Hill impacts the game in so many ways and looks like he's ready to make a jump to stardom.  He is probably the quickest player to play the position in a long time and one of the fastest.   Ray Lewis called him the quickest player he has ever seen in pads.

Also, why do attempt to prop up your argument by using archaic terms like "pure WR."  The only thing that matters is his impact on the offense because that is point of this conversation -- how good is each teams offense.  Hill impacts the game in the return game, catching passes, and even had 250 rushing yards at over 11 yards per carry.  Who wouldn't want a guy like that on your team? 

14 minutes ago, Scummy Dick Douglas said:

When was the last time Alex Smith had a shit OL in front of him? Alex Smith's WR's were just fine in SF.

Lets use another Cal players as a comparison: Aaron Rodgers. He was older when he finally started, have sat for 3 years before getting the nod. (Seimien sat for one). First year stats:

Rodgers: 16 gms / 63.6% / 4038 yds / 28 tds / 13 ints

Seimien: 14 gms / 59.5% / 3401 yds / 18 tds / 10 ints

Not saying he will ever be Rodgers, but again, we are not sure what he will be.

Rodgers' numbers are much better and there are several numbers you didn't post that would make Rodgers' numbers look even better.   Anyone that saw Rodgers play at Cal and then at Green Bay knew he was going to be a star.  The ball just comes out different.  Seimien has the look over a pedestrian QB with below average NFL arm strength.  Crazier things have happened but I sure wouldn't project him to be anything more than the worst qb in the division. 

38 minutes ago, All Hail said:

Before this game, NE had beaten KC 5 times in a row so I'm not sure they had their number. 

http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/new-england-patriots/teamvsteam?opp=16

i actually made that argument based on my own shitty memory (which i should never do), remembering the chiefs big win over new england in 2014 (simply because of dilfer's hilarious commentary) and figuring they hadn't played again until last night -- forgetting the playoff game the pats won this past january. 

so the chiefs have won 2 of the last 3 against new england, and prior to 2014 they hadn't played since 2011, long before the alex smith KC era.

2 minutes ago, glduck said:

http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/new-england-patriots/teamvsteam?opp=16

i actually made that argument based on my own shitty memory (which i should never do), remembering the chiefs big win over new england in 2014 (simply because of dilfer's hilarious commentary) and figuring they hadn't played again until last night -- forgetting the playoff game the pats won this past january. 

so the chiefs have won 2 of the last 3 against new england, and prior to 2014 they hadn't played since 2011, long before the alex smith KC era.

And I relied on my shitty memory.  I could have sworn I heard one of the broadcasters say they had beaten KC 5x in a row.  Whoops. 

1 hour ago, Scummy Dick Douglas said:

or

or

over

Yes

11 hours ago, All Hail said:

Without a doubt.   They are more talented across the board and have more balance.  Denver, just like Oakland, is one dimensional. 

Due to four new OL starters on the Broncos OL.  Last season's OL was pretty bad.  Once that OL jells, the Broncos could be real good.  Keeping Siemian in one piece would be critical.  With Hunt's rookie debut performance being off the charts, KC Chiefs fans are probably not crying over Jamaal Charles joining the Broncos.  If his knee holds up, that would be awesome in the passing game.  Been watching Charles for a long time since he was a Texas Longhorn when the Buffs were in the Big 12 and then the Chiefs.

Your mention of the Broncos TEs could end up being the "Butt" of jokes as in former Michigan TE Jake Butt who is starting on non injured reserve along with Chad Kelly.

And judging by the preseason, the Broncos D are capable of scoring points themselves as well.

We'll see this coming Monday when the Chargers take on the Broncos.  Can that SD OL keep Von Miller away from Rivers?

And has the Chargers sold out their home games yet?

10 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Due to four new OL starters on the Broncos OL.  Last season's OL was pretty bad.  Once that OL jells, the Broncos could be real good.  Keeping Siemian in one piece would be critical.  With Hunt's rookie debut performance being off the charts, KC Chiefs fans are probably not crying over Jamaal Charles joining the Broncos.  If his knee holds up, that would be awesome in the passing game.  Been watching Charles for a long time since he was a Texas Longhorn when the Buffs were in the Big 12 and then the Chiefs.

Your mention of the Broncos TEs could end up being the "Butt" of jokes as in former Michigan TE Jake Butt who is starting on non injured reserve along with Chad Kelly.

And judging by the preseason, the Broncos D are capable of scoring points themselves as well.

We'll see this coming Monday when the Chargers take on the Broncos.  Can that SD OL keep Von Miller away from Rivers?

And has the Chargers sold out their home games yet?

It's no surprise you're going full homer.  Who says these new OL are any good?  Who says they will gel this year or even ever.  And when was the last time a rookie tight end did anything meaningful in the NFL? It doesn't happen often so relying on a rookie TE to put up numbers is just silly. 

I've got no dog in the fight, as they say in regards to the afc west.  But from an outsiders view, it will be a Chiefs and Vegas battle, Denver will be 8-8 and the chargers 7-9.  Denvers D just won't be as dominant, they aren't NE and won't be able to overcome cutting Ward and losing other players.  No to mention the HC, I have very little faith in him.

1 hour ago, RogueDuck said:

I've got no dog in the fight, as they say in regards to the afc west.  But from an outsiders view, it will be a Chiefs and Vegas battle, Denver will be 8-8 and the chargers 7-9.  Denvers D just won't be as dominant, they aren't NE and won't be able to overcome cutting Ward and losing other players.  No to mention the HC, I have very little faith in him.

I doubt Ward will have anything to do with how well their defense plays.  He got cut because he was passed on the depth chart by Justin Simmons.  TB signed him for a 1 year deal worth 5 million so his value is clearly believed to be minimal. 

2 minutes ago, All Hail said:

Come on Rogue, Ward will have nothing to do with how well their defense plays.  He got cut because he was passed on the depth chart by Justin Simmons.  TB signed him for a 1 year deal worth 5 million so his value is clearly believed to be minimal. 

Not just Ward, who will ball out in TB, but they lost Ware and more importantly got rid of Wade Phillips.  Last year they fell to 28th vs the run, they didn't sign or draft anyone good enough to make me think they will get back into the top 10. 

2 hours ago, All Hail said:

It's no surprise you're going full homer.  Who says these new OL are any good?  Who says they will gel this year or even ever.  And when was the last time a rookie tight end did anything meaningful in the NFL? It doesn't happen often so relying on a rookie TE to put up numbers is just silly. 

LOL...if you have read my earlier posts on the Broncos, I didn't sound confident in the Broncos for the long term.  You would have seen that I was harsh on that rookie LT Bolles.

That "Butt" mention was a joke instead of being serious and you took the serious bait. :lol:

30 minutes ago, All Hail said:

I doubt Ward will have anything to do with how well their defense plays.  He got cut because he was passed on the depth chart by Justin Simmons.  TB signed him for a 1 year deal worth 5 million so his value is clearly believed to be minimal. 

Ward didn't play at all in the preseason due to his hamstring and the starting Broncos D didn't miss a beat without him this preseason.  Didn't go over well in the Broncos locker when he was cut.

Archived