Coaching Changes

Scscsc89

I’d be very surprised if Bienemy came back to boulder right now.  He is in line for the pros.  I know he loves CU, but the pinnacle is so close.

and as far as coaches leaving, it sucks, and timing is pretty bad.  I’d love a blackout period, but not sure that is reasonable.  That said, there was no reason for him to get on social media and local radio to reinforce his commitment while negotiating his exit.  

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, CRBuff said:

Looks like Chiaverini will be the interim head coach.  Not sure how interim.  He’s a good recruiter, so I’d assume this is to calm the players through this process.

Exactly and I'm curious to see what his vision for CU will be going forward.  Dabo Swinney had similar exprience at OC as Chev and is doing pretty good at Clemson.

5 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

After today, I think this is a huge wake up call that Larry Scott will have to respond to.

Why would this be a huge wake up call, as opposed to WSU losing Mike Leach or Oregon losing Taggart?

Bottom teams in the league losing their head coach after he turns them around ( a bit, I guess ) is not uncommon or unique to the Pac.

59 minutes ago, Mano said:

Why would this be a huge wake up call, as opposed to WSU losing Mike Leach or Oregon losing Taggart?

Bottom teams in the league losing their head coach after he turns them around ( a bit, I guess ) is not uncommon or unique to the Pac.

It has less to do with how bad CU has been.  It has much more to do with the $ dispairty between the Pac-12 and the B1G.  Tucker was earning $2.7M at CU last season and he's getting paid $5.2M at MSU for what is being termed as a lateral move after a 5-7 season in Boulder.

At the same time you have Kliffsbury going from fired at Texas Tech to the NFL's Arizona Cardinals so maybe there is a new normal that we haven't gotten used to just yet.

37 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

Kliffsbury

coffee lol GIF

I don't think you can pin this on the league and the TV deal. According to the Equity in Athletics website, MSU's revenue from football was around $77.9M in 2018-2019, compared to CU's $45M. OTOH, Oregon's revenue was over $70M, and UO has a smaller student body than either CU or MSU (and yeah, it also has a sugar daddy.) As mentioned earlier, I just don't think CU is all that committed to football.

10 minutes ago, Quack 12 said:

coffee lol GIF

I don't think you can pin this on the league and the TV deal. According to the Equity in Athletics website, MSU's revenue from football was around $77.9M in 2018-2019, compared to CU's $45M. OTOH, Oregon's revenue was over $70M, and UO has a smaller student body than either CU or MSU (and yeah, it also has a sugar daddy.) As mentioned earlier, I just don't think CU is all that committed to football.

This is partly true.  CU has always tried to balance the pressure they receive from the academic side who just can’t fathom football being that important.  It’s changing, but very slowly

6 hours ago, CRBuff said:

I’d be very surprised if Bienemy came back to boulder right now.  He is in line for the pros.  I know he loves CU, but the pinnacle is so close.

and as far as coaches leaving, it sucks, and timing is pretty bad.  I’d love a blackout period, but not sure that is reasonable.  That said, there was no reason for him to get on social media and local radio to reinforce his commitment while negotiating his exit.  

The same guy who couldn't get an interview this last year, with any NFL team?  Its pretty clear what NFL GMs think of him.  He needs a job like CU, so he can prove them all wrong, and hopefully that leads to an NFL job in 2-3 years.  

16 minutes ago, RogueDuck said:

The same guy who couldn't get an interview this last year, with any NFL team?  Its pretty clear what NFL GMs think of him.  He needs a job like CU, so he can prove them all wrong, and hopefully that leads to an NFL job in 2-3 years.  

EB has earned a shot at a HC spot in the pros.

Archived