Mutts vs. Poultry

Quack 12

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

In OT down by three?   No way — unless you have major kicker problems

You haven't been paying attention at all. Oregon's starting kicker missed the first 4? games of the season due to injury and is 2/4? since, the only attempts in his career. 100% they go for it on 4th and a foot. Zero question. Why do you think Petersen pushed them back?

52 minutes ago, glduck said:

i’m far more surprised that petersen was so willing to rely on his kicker to win the game at regulation. they had at least 1 TO left (maybe 2? just 1? eh, whatever) and 30 seconds to play with to get closer and/or break one.

I missed your post, but totally agree. Petersen went too conservative and should have used his remaining TOs to try get closer. Needed to call the game with more of a killer instinct.

@Scscsc89 I dunno why you're confused. We gave you the literal exact reason with facts to back it up and you chose to deny it. Oregon goes for that 100% of the time. Petersen knew it. Everybody knows it but you, apparently. If they were going to go for it on 4th down inside the 5 as Shane Lemieux said post game, why is it so hard to believe they'd have gone for it on 4th and inches prior to that in a game in which they were 3 for 3 on 4th down, all 1 yard conversions. You can't think of a better reason, but then deny the plain as day reasons given to you? Okay. 

I was confused because after we covered it, you asked why I had asked.

I had thought it was pretty self-evident & we had already covered it (as you say).

Man, if you are this salty after a big win, you must be a real prick after a loss.

Have a good night.

15 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

I was confused because after we covered it, you asked why I had asked.

I had thought it was pretty self-evident & we had already covered it (as you say).

Man, if you are this salty after a big win, you must be a real prick after a loss.

Have a good night.

Lol okay. You told us we were wrong so I asked you to give another reason. 

3 hours ago, dtd said:

You told us we were wrong so I asked you to give another reason. 

Huh:

7 hours ago, Scscsc89 said:

In OT down by three?   No way — unless you have major kicker problems

6 hours ago, dtd said:

You haven't been paying attention at all. Oregon's starting kicker missed the first 4? games of the season due to injury and is 2/4? since, the only attempts in his career.

OK — now I’m confused on why you’re so flipping fired up about me questioning the Washington coach’s decision.

Why keep bringing this up after I clearly had moved on?

12 hours ago, Scscsc89 said:

Huh:

OK — now I’m confused on why you’re so flipping fired up about me questioning the Washington coach’s decision.

Why keep bringing this up after I clearly had moved on?

lol you're the one who felt the need to get in the passive aggressive last word by leaving a reaction. Clearly moved on? 

1 hour ago, RogueDuck said:

At what point does DTD admit she's not a duck fan, but latched onto UO when Chip was coach? Change your name to BTD.

I've known the people on this board for almost 20 years, and been a season ticket holder almost as long. Wanna compare DAF contributions? Didn't think so. 

On 10/9/2018 at 12:50 PM, Orange said:

I'll be there.  A buddy of mine has tickets and his wife can't go.  So I'm the bitch.   I promised him I wouldn't root for the Huskies (which, let's be honest, I'd never do). 

I'd like to think the Ducks get up for this one.  After getting pulverized like McGgregor the past two years, they've got the real deal at QB, and it has to be feeling a little more like the old Ducks.  And the old ducks always put their foot on the neck of the Fuskies.  I'll take Oregon, 31-27.  

Well fuck.  I didn't count on a sudden-death TD.

21 hours ago, dtd said:

I've known the people on this board for almost 20 years, and been a season ticket holder almost as long. Wanna compare DAF contributions? Didn't think so. 

Can confirm.  DTD is legit, for what it's worth coming from me.

It's difficult for me to wade through the flaming in this thread to get at the Duck fans' reactions, but as a neutral observer, I thought Cristobal just cemented himself as maybe the coach of the YEAR with that game.  He had a gameplan, he saw it through regardless of the pressure to let Herbert sling it, and he is the singular reason the Ducks won.  The two timeouts before OT was a master stroke.  Kickers no longer expect multiple icing time outs.  Dude made 2 in a row, then missed.  Cristobal got in his head, cut and dried.  Then on third down he runs up the gut for the TD in OT.  That was the gameplan to take out UW's biggest strength, their corners.  more often than not, that is how you win games with coaching.  Know your matchups, play to the opponent's weaknesses, etc.

Everyone next to me in the stands was furious and whining that Cristobal was running the ball constantly.  I kept saying, "Dude, IT'S WORKING."   Maybe the best Oregon win @ Autzen since Michigan in 03, and I was at that game, too.

Archived