Pac-12 Hoops

glduck

On 9/25/2019 at 12:15 PM, Downthefield said:

Oklahoma has seen its last three Big XII conference records as 7-11, 8-10, and 5-13.  I guess we're to assume that a Pac-12 win over that team will gain our conference national credibility.  I enjoy rooting for the Beavers ... just not one insecure "fan" who literally defines paranoia.  As for your comment on "retarded," I'd assume you might not be aware of its politically incorrect aspects.  Up in Bend, maybe that's not an issue.

To the real issue, though, there are a handful of key games against serious national powers where the Pac-12 could change the national opinion of our conference (and also that of many of our own fans.)  Win some big-time muscle games, and it won't only be McHale and Huntsman that fill their seats.

Orange is having a real world meltdown and is doing it online for all to see.

if he didn’t have a son I wouldn’t give a shit, but this is getting bizarre.  Complete meltdown at this point.  View it on the Politics board.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, PapaG said:

Orange is having a real world meltdown and is doing it online for all to see.

if he didn’t have a son I wouldn’t give a shit, but this is getting bizarre.  Complete meltdown at this point.  View it on the Politics board.

Clearest case of projection in world history.

9 hours ago, glduck said:

We return 3 players. How shitty is this conference if we’re the preseason favorite with 3 returning players?

Sportswriters have been choosing the Ducks over the Buffs in those preview magazines I think.  Plus recruiting would favor UO as well...must be that special relationship with Nike?

I'm a bit uncomfortable with the hype that CU has been getting since that might mean an underachieving season from the Buffs is in store even if the Buffs have future NBA picks in Bey and McKinley.

10 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

Sportswriters have been choosing the Ducks over the Buffs in those preview magazines I think.  Plus recruiting would favor UO as well...must be that special relationship with Nike?

I'm a bit uncomfortable with the hype that CU has been getting since that might mean an underachieving season from the Buffs is in store even if the Buffs have future NBA picks in Bey and McKinley.

Special relationship? You do realize you are also sponsored by Nike, right?

12 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

Special relationship? You do realize you are also sponsored by Nike, right?

You really don't think that Oregon's relationship with Nike is closer than a mere sponsorship?  The founder's name is on half their buildings.

16 hours ago, Scorcho said:

The Salt Lake Tribune quoted Larry Krystkoviak as saying that this year's team culture is off of the charts. 

giphy.gif

well that's exactly what I needed to hear from a team with 1 junior and 1 senior both of whom didn't play last year

That was what Tad Boyle was saying about CU basketball two years ago so maybe the Utes are on to something.  Sometimes you have to just flush out the underachieving malcontents over the course of one or two seasons and start over.  Perhaps that is what Larry K is aiming for?

Utah held its annual Night with the Runnin' Utes scrimmage before dozens of spectators.  The new extended three point line caused problems as they missed their first 21 three point attempts.  But hey, you should see our team culture, its reportedly off of the charts.

I'm not sure this team wins 10 games.

giphy.gif

Others receiving votes: Washington 164, Colorado 152, Tennessee 78, Marquette 68, Florida State 36, Davidson 34, Harvard 24, Illinois 14, Missouri 13, Mississippi State 12, Houston 11, Georgetown 11, Cincinnati 8, Notre Dame 7, Creighton 4, Syracuse 3, NC State 3, Vermont 2, Alabama 2, USC 2, Liberty 2, Michigan 2, Dayton 1, Colgate 1, Providence 1.

https://www.si.com/college/2019/10/21/college-basketball-rankings-ap-top-2

Archived