Pac-12 Hoops

glduck

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, azgreg said:

Much better second half for the Buffs.

Wyoming gets up for any athletic contest against CU so that was to be expected.  The Buffs might be the type of team that will grind out those type of wins.  Did the same with UC Irvine just recently.

2 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

Do the really get up for other teams like they did 40 years ago? 

Lots of Colorado kids that didn't make it into CU either go to CSU or Wyoming.  If I stayed home for college, I would have gone to either of those colleges and out of state tuition for attending UW costs just $2K more than instate tuition for CSU.  It comes down to field of study and environment when it comes to those two schools.

You do hear about CU-CSU but you don't hear about CU-UW often since both teams do not play in football often.  Some Cowboy fans will root for CSU against CU because CU is the P5 school of the Front Range while the others are not.  Some of it is from the country versus city schism in general given that CSU & UW are ag schools while CU is not.

Before my father transferred to CU from Northern Colorado which led me to being the CU fan today, we did take a trip to Laramie to see if going to UW would be feasible.  I could have ended up much more a Cowboy fan than I am right now since I have family from Wyoming who were UW fans.

Archived