Pac-12 Hoops

glduck

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope UCLA continues to kick UNLV’s ass. 
Many of their fans still think they are God’s gift to basketball. I’ve never seen so much hype for an irrelevant program. 

Their fans think their coach should be fired after 1 loss and Wooden will come back from the dead to coach their team for free.

Buffs beat San Diego by a good margin.  I like what I'm seeing from the Buffs so far this season on the defensive side of things and other than two players' efforts, the effort level was good.

It was good to see Dallas Walton (35) back on the court and I hope his knee cooperates with him but I'm not expecting much from him until conference play.  I'm hoping to see Wright IV's (25) eventual replacement at PG emerge during non-conference play because Wright is probably headed to the NBA after this season and given the beating he has taken on his body, he really needs to go IMHO.  His backup, Gatling (0), is also a senior hence the concern for PG for the Buffs next season and the new PG could be a freshman taking a redshirt this season.

Bey (1) has improved his game especially 3 point shooting.  He's probably gone to the NBA after this season and his 3 pt shooting so far helps his case for going pro after this season.

Schwartz (5) keeps improving and at this rate, he will possibly be CU's go to player next year.  I'd like to see Kountz (2) step it up a bit but I'm just not seeing him as the PG replacement for Wright & Gatling next year.  I noticed Boyle might be paying more attention to him at this point.  I did call out Seiwart's (23) effort during the game since Battey (21) got his second foul midway in the 1H which means a trip to the bench under Boyle until the 2H.

Didn't catch the Buffs WBB game against Wisconsin but the Buffs won that one and it seems like with new PGs recruited by the coach finally taking over, there's some energy with that women's team.  I think this season could be a make or break for the WBB coach for the Buffs.  They travel to Wyoming tomorrow and then to CSU next week and both schools will be up for any game in any sport against CU.

MBB Buffs take on UC-Irvine next Monday.  Right now, I believe the Buffs are solid at four positions & sixth man (Gatling appears to be a lock for sixth man since I can't see Kountz or Daniels (3) giving that kind of spark off the bench and SG remains a concern at this point.

Tonight's games:

Southern Utah @ UCLA

Prairie View A&M @ Cal

UC Irvine @ CU

At first glance, you would think Irvine is just another team but that team won 31 games last season and beat Kansas State in the tourney.  Three starters are also back.  Oregon beat those guys last March but that's last season.  I'm expecting a challenge tonight.

That was a very good performance by the Buffs tonight against a 31 win team last season who beat KSU in the tourney.

Buffs only committed six turnovers versus forcing 21.

I was on the fence whether this Buffs squad was truly a Top 25 teams and after tonight's game, I'm much more comfortable saying the Buffs are a Top 25 team.

Next Buffs game will be against Wyoming in Vegas on Sunday.

GO BUFFS!

19 minutes ago, MrBug708 said:

UCLA hasn't played anyone of note, but our defense looks pretty impressive. And the most impressive part is that it's mostly with the same crew that didn't do anything for Alford.

Next week we'll see how they do against the other school from Utah.  Looking forward to the ND and UNC games?

12 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

If UCLA can limp into bowl eligibility and land the Vegas Bowl, I might make the trip to Vegas to watch UNC and the Bowl game.

I wanted to pull the trigger on season tickets for basketball, but these 8/830 start times are killer.

So informative. What bowl again? they have only had these start times for 50 years or more. What a surprise.

Archived