Pac-12 Hoops

glduck

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buffs had to battle (it's the UCF arena...go figure) Clemson in Vegas but still win that game despite Battey & Bey getting into foul trouble and Wright being cold when it comes to shooting.

Clemson was tabbed to finish 11th in the 15 team ACC but the Buffs have their first win against an ACC school since 1991 (@Wake Forest).

We last played Gonzaga in Mark Few’s first season — the year after their initial Elite 8 run. I remember listening to it on the radio, as it was in some untelevised tournament in Hawaii. FUN FACT! Ernie Kent retired 1-0 against Few.

I always thought it was bonkers that two NW programs of some acclaim didn’t schedule more home/homes over the years.

1 hour ago, glduck said:

We last played Gonzaga in Mark Few’s first season — the year after their initial Elite 8 run. I remember listening to it on the radio, as it was in some untelevised tournament in Hawaii. FUN FACT! Ernie Kent retired 1-0 against Few.

I always thought it was bonkers that two NW programs of some acclaim didn’t schedule more home/homes over the years.

Especially considering Few’s ties to Eugene.  Didn’t Washington stop scheduling them because of recruiting concerns or something?  Or they didn’t want to give Gonzaga exposure in Seattle?

Archived