MY pac-12 Preview

CapWize

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he meant WSU, since in the UW write up he mentioned most think it's a toss-up between those two, which is silly.

And with all due respect, it's not a solid write-up. Never mind the horrible grammar:

As always, the Cougars end the season against Washington in the Apple Cup (Home).

Did you forget about Snow Bowl II last year in Pullman? The Huskies are the home team this year.

11 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

Everybody has the cougars overrated. The loss of Jalen Thompson was huge and still no qb.  Id put the over under at six.

Just relax about the QB especially in a Leach offense.  The system is solidly in place...even the stadium janitor could operate that offense.  Didn't Mr. Moustache QB not arrive until summer camp last year?

As for Nebraska beating CU...I refuse to consider that.  People keep forgetting that CU has not been a good road team except for one season (2016) since joining the conference.  CU yet went into Lincoln and beat Nebraska even with no game tape of them to prepare for which isn't going to happen this year.  Those Nebraska fans never had to deal with the early September heat in Colorado that can still hit 90 degrees and that is going to be a day game.  Could be a brutal day for both teams.

People are still giving Scott Frost way too much credit for his success at UCF when UCF already had double digit win seasons not long before that 0-12 season.  People don't realize how much attrition from Mike Riley's classes have reduced the number of upperclassmen on that team.  The Huskers will really get going next year just not this year.

This is not a rebuilding year in Boulder and a bowl appearance by the Buffs would be just great.

12 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Just relax about the QB especially in a Leach offense.  The system is solidly in place...even the stadium janitor could operate that offense.  Didn't Mr. Moustache QB not arrive until summer camp last year?

I would be anxious to bet Gabrud is not Minshew.

I don't think Oregon wins 10 regular season games with Auburn in Texas, and games @Stanford @UW and @USC and @ASU. Even with their turn at 5 conference home games, that's the exact opposite of how you want it to set up. For a team that's supposed to be a contender, you want the easy games on the road and the toughies at home. I think the best coaching staff in the conference will have the best team in the conference again, and that staff is in Seattle. 

4 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

And I recall Minshew's numbers weren't that great in an Air Raid offense at ECU if I'm not mistaken.

At that time, in that place Minshew was magic.  A wild, joyous spirit that was a salve for a team wounded by the loss of Hilinski.  

1 hour ago, KUGRDON said:

At that time, in that place Minshew was magic.  A wild, joyous spirit that was a salve for a team wounded by the loss of Hilinski.  

Perhaps the team came together as well.  Hopefully no one dies tragically again on any team.  I also think Leach learned from any mistake at Texas Tech and WSU has benefitted.

On 7/19/2019 at 6:17 AM, Jalapeno said:

As for Nebraska beating CU...I refuse to consider that. 

I am shocked to hear that.

People keep forgetting that CU has not been a good road team except for one season (2016) since joining the conference. 

By people you mean you, because everyone else here realizes CU has sucked.

CU yet went into Lincoln and beat Nebraska even with no game tape of them to prepare for which isn't going to happen this year.  Those Nebraska fans never had to deal with the early September heat in Colorado that can still hit 90 degrees and that is going to be a day game.  Could be a brutal day for both teams.

Could be another brutal season for one of the teams.

People are still giving Scott Frost way too much credit for his success at UCF when UCF already had double digit win seasons not long before that 0-12 season.  People don't realize how much attrition from Mike Riley's classes have reduced the number of upperclassmen on that team.  The Huskers will really get going next year just not this year.

People are generally not predicting Corn husker win because they think Nebraska is a juggernaut.

This is not a rebuilding year in Boulder and a bowl appearance by the Buffs would be just great.

Everyone here knows it is not a rebuilding year, to rebuild something previously must have been built.

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 10:36 AM, Scscsc89 said:

I promise you that this is not the case.

CU has been in the P12 for about a decade.. Jalepeno predicts pretty much the same thing every year.. He's been semi right 1 year(2016). Being right 10% of the time is good odds right? A blind squirrel finds a nut every once and awhile I guess.

Image result for blind squirrel

On 7/19/2019 at 3:21 PM, dtd said:

I don't think Oregon wins 10 regular season games with Auburn in Texas, and games @Stanford @UW and @USC and @ASU. Even with their turn at 5 conference home games, that's the exact opposite of how you want it to set up. For a team that's supposed to be a contender, you want the easy games on the road and the toughies at home. I think the best coaching staff in the conference will have the best team in the conference again, and that staff is in Seattle. 

Getting double digit wins for the Ducks this season would be remarkable.

Will they have Robo Duck themed jerseys for the CU game this year? :lol: 

Archived