USC @ UW

Scscsc89

3 hours ago, row Z said:

The line opened at UW -8, and is now at UW -10. That surprises me. Would definitely take the USC side of that bet.

Not sure, USC seems to play a lot differently on the road than they do at home.

I don't really know what to think of either team at this point. Both teams have looked great at times, not so great at other times.

15 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

We’ll be staying in the Queen Anne (?) neighborhood of Seattle.   Any good bars or breakfast joints near there?

I haven't lived in Seattle in over 20 years, but I think the 5 Spot is still supposed to be a very good breakfast place. Not sure about bars.

1 hour ago, Scscsc89 said:

Does anyone actually take the light-rail from the airport to downtown?

Yes, its pretty common.  I took it from the airport all the way to husky stadium a couple of years ago when I went up for the Stanford game. Got picked up by a buddy in front of husky stadium. 

The light rail is new, clean, relatively comfortable, and dependable. Much cleaner than BART, for comparison.

3 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

Thanks for the tips @row Z

5 Spot was awesome.

Suggestions for getting to/from the game?

Great, glad to hear it.

As for how to get to Husky Stadium from Queen Ann ... that is going to be a bit of a hack no matter how you do it.  I would either get to a downtown Sound Transit stop and take the light rail to the stadium, or get a Metro bus north to Wallingford and then transfer to one going east to the U District. Maybe the second option is better because then you could walk through the campus on your way to the stadium. I think there will be an adidas launch party on campus on the Rainier Vista (lawn with a view of Mt. Rainier on clear days). 

Have fun! I will be watching my kids play 8 games of soccer at a tournament in Sunnyvale and trying to squeeze in this game in between ... without Sling being an option.

Archived