Coaching Changes

Scscsc89

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MrBug708 said:

I don't get the instant impact of 3 for chip but 5 for both Scott frost and Jon Smith. I mean, does he need to win a title for it to be an instant impact?

Looks like Smith only got a 4 in that category, but still higher than Kelly's 3.

I think the reasoning is probably that UCLA went 6-6 and loses a top QB, so it won't be that easy for Kelly to improve significantly on 6-6. Meanwhile, Nebraska was 4-8 and OSU was 1-11, both more likely to make a big jump next year.

3 hours ago, row Z said:

SI ranks all coaching hires on a scale of 1-5 (5 being best):

• Jonathan Smith 4.6
  • Chip Kelly 4.4
  • Willie Taggart 4.0
  • Mario Cristobal 3.0
  • Herm Edwards 2.0

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/12/14/coaching-hires-grades-scott-frost-jimbo-fisher

This is surprising.  They're far more optimistic than I am for OSU.

4 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

I don't get the instant impact of 3 for chip but 5 for both Scott frost and Jon Smith. I mean, does he need to win a title for it to be an instant impact?

I think CFB wants to see if Chip can find his mojo. He didn’t exactly finish so hot in the NFL and maybe defenses have caught up to the idea of “basketball on turf”. 

1 hour ago, Mano said:

DRgkoD3VAAAPtH7.jpg

I think he is the most hated coach that Whittingham has ever had on his staff, haven't heard a coach or player that liked him. Good luck with that. 

A gem from his HC days at Wyoming:

https://deadspin.com/5953372/look-at-me-mr-fucking-howdy-doody-wyoming-head-coach-goes-on-hilarious-rant-after-loss-to-air-force

Yeah I am loving how they Fire Graham saying we need to take a step forward, and yet had no plan to hire anyone other than people already on Grahams staff. This hire reeks of a HC who has absolutely no coaching network in College football.

Archived