Seen any good movies lately?

Orange

i still need to see it. it's not a warner bros attempt, so i'm optimistic. 

Batman vs Superman was Snyder getting in his own way, he's quickly become the next M. Night. 

Which is why there's a lot of people considering not letting him have full control over Justice League next year. 

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tried out Jungle Book with my kid.  Even with popcorn and all the tools in my parent quiver, he was bored and demanded to leave 70 minutes in.  Looked like a good flick though, from what I saw....

One thing's for sure, nothing in it scared him.

i liked civil war more than the rest of the board, it seems. it did what dawn of justice couldn't: it made a bunch of superheroes fighting one another fun. the comic version released a number of years ago was hardly high art, i remember most fanboys were split on whether or not it was acceptable or outright trash. so it's not like the source material was breathtakingly innovative.

captain america is easily marvel's top franchise. the first one was good, especially if you watch it as a 40s- era pulp serial. winter soldier was even better, and civil war was a lot of fun.

I guess I'm in the minority. I think the Russo's know how to tell a good, believable story. The comic's featured a school been obliterated because of mutants, and heroes fighting one another, thus making the Registration Act something mandatory. The movie was going to be limited though compared to that of the comic mainly because Marvel/MCU only has access to a handful of characters, since there's a lot of Marvel characters who are with Fox Studios (X-Men, Fantastic Four, Deadpool, etc) and you couldn't incorporate them into a Disney owned film. 

My main complaint about the Russo's has to be the way they filmed the fight scenes. There were moments that were good, but if they're going to be filming a movie as big as the next Avengers, they have got some work to do and not rely on someone's help that directed a blockbuster like John Wick. 

Deadpool has to be one of the all time best Marvel Movies made, followed by the First Avengers movie. Whedon knows how to direct epic fight/battle scenes. Too bad he wont be having any input/creative control over the Infinity Wars. 

deadpool was amazing, but i was talking about the marvel cinematic movies. deadpool's definitely the best of the fox stuff. 

if we're talking all movies regardless of studio, i'll fight anyone who says anything other than spider-man 2.

deadpool was amazing, but i was talking about the marvel cinematic movies. deadpool's definitely the best of the fox stuff. 

if we're talking all movies regardless of studio, i'll fight anyone who says anything other than spider-man 2.

Sony did very well on Spider Man 2, and that was Tobey's best work -- and then Spider Man 3 happened, and they got too greedy and tried to do too much and ruined that entire money train. 

Have to agree. He's at his best when he's at home in the mountains above Ashland.

No shit?  Didn't know he lived there.  Seems like Oregon is where stars go, unannounced, to not be bothered.  That, or Montana.

Yep, my dad used to own a motorcycle shop in Medford and Toby's mom came and bought a ton of stuff from them. What was cool is Donal Logue bought some ATV from us, and he started letting us fish on his property in Shady Cove. Super nice guy, said he lived out there because he hates Hollywood.

Yep, my dad used to own a motorcycle shop in Medford and Toby's mom came and bought a ton of stuff from them. What was cool is Donal Logue bought some ATV from us, and he started letting us fish on his property in Shady Cove. Super nice guy, said he lived out there because he hates Hollywood.

Haha, awesome, I fucking love Donal Logue.  Tao of ****** was epic.  Seems like a cool guy to hang with.

• 3 months later...

Archived