Seen any good movies lately?

Orange

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Streamed Bridge of Spies last night. Very well done, Tom Hanks was solid as always and Mark Rylance was absolutely brilliant.

Amazing how quick this country is to ignore the rulebook out of fear and in the name of security. Now, as then, principles are sacrificed when they become inconvenient.

Deadpool is the most fun I've had at the movies in years. It is not what you expect from Marvel. It's way worse, and leaps and bounds better. That doesn't make sense if you haven't seen the movie. The trailer gives a whiff, but the full stink is really something special. What I fear is with it smashing (hard) R box office records, it will be imitated, but it will be forced and will suck. Hollywood has such a copycat mentality and successful movies influence the future movies in the genre. Look how original thematic elements of the Marvel superhero movies, The Matrix, Sin City, 300, etc, slipped their way in to other movies and weren't pulled off as well in an effort to copycat. Look for the salty humor, fourth wall breaks and overboard violence to permeate through some movies in the near future. Buyer beware.

But Deadpool is fucking great. Got me at the opening credits.

Don't take kids.

saw Kingsman last night -- what an odd movie.

Further proof that Michael Caine and/or Samuel L Jackson are in every movie made today.

I loved that flick.....oddly hilarious

They are talking about having the Colin Firth character back in the sequel

Deadpool was by far one of the best comic book movies made. Broke down the 4th wall completely, and stayed very true to the original comics -- that being said, it just donkey punched the living shit out of the myth that you had to be PG-13 in order to make a great quality Comic Book movie (dont get me started on Watchmen, Spawn, or any of the Punisher Movies) and opened the door for them to start toying with other movies that were originally slated to be PG-13 but can now play with the thought process that it can be R and still be successful. 

Archived