Game of Thrones/TV thread

MrBug708

3 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

That was kings landing where the battle took place. The first discussion with Bronn was in highgarden, but later it was kings landing as Jaime was told the gold made it inside the city

Are we positive of that?  They were talking about the rear guard being way too far behind to reinforce the front.  Were they in the rear guard?  If so, are we talking hundreds of miles or hundreds of meters?  So confused, and as usual, so don't care.

I do love that Jamie and his right-hand man (I'm sure you all know his name instantly, but fuck you, I save those parts of my brain for other shit) were not killed....at least not outright.  They're my favorite "villains" in the show.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wish I could take credit for these but alas, I cannot 

Did anyone else get the feelin that jon's "come look at my drawings in a dark cave" is similar to the college try's "wanna come back to my place an listen to the new Radiohead cd (circa 2000)?"

Bran is the philosophy major who sets up a GoFundMe because he dropped out of Bryan Mawr when he realized nothing really matters.

10 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

I re-watched the episode with my wife and they wanted to get the food over the Blackwater rush, which is in the crownlands.

This sentence is endemic of me and GoT: "I have no idea what the fuck you just said."

17 hours ago, RogueDuck said:

His right hand man, imo, is more of a merk and will work for whoever pays him the most.  He's not really a loyal guy, and I won't be surprised to see him switch sides.

No way, he's loyal to Jamie to the end.  Dude saved him from a dragon for crissakes! 

Just now, Scscsc89 said:

The issue is that you're a non-nerd watching a nerd show.

I'm aware of blackwater bay.  I assume "crownlands" means somewhere near King's Landing?  No clue what "blackwater rush" means....is he talking about a river?

Be a nerd, I'm cool with that, but when you use nerdisms purely to show your nerdness (while, ironically, trying to explain what's going on to non-nerds) it just comes off pretentious.

D77aiDu.png

Looks like they were on the Reach side of the border with King's Landing.

Still seems implausible to get Tyrion & all their horse troops past the enemy capital without alerting anyone.  But hey, that's why they call it fantasy.

15 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

D77aiDu.png

Looks like they were on the Reach side of the border with King's Landing.

Still seems implausible to get Tyrion & all their horse troops past the enemy capital without alerting anyone.  But hey, that's why they call it fantasy.

Most in all of this is who controls the stormlands? I mean, until Gendry shows back up.

I will admit I had no idea where the Blackwater rush was in relations to everything, but my nerdism for GoT geography lore is heighten after playing the GoT mod for crusader kings 2. I knew the gold was said to have made it to KL however.

But yes, how they managed to get the Dothraki to that point remains to mystery. But fantasy. It was like people feeling out how Arya could fight Brienne to a draw with that sword but completely gloss over the fact that she's essentially a human shapeshifter.

3 hours ago, Orange said:

It's fine-line between realism and fantasy in these fantasy shows.  You need rules, even in a fantasy universe.

I wish more people kept this in mind while posting on Twitter, the message board and other places on the net.

13 hours ago, Orange said:

It's fine-line between realism and fantasy in these fantasy shows.  You need rules, even in a fantasy universe.

The old lady, red witch whatever her name is, changes into a cute redhead during the day and an ugly ass hag at night.  In watching some theories, having never read the books, the red rubies supposedly are used to change people's looks.  And some think Rhaegar Targaryen is the No One, and that's why he took Arya under his wing.  

Archived