Game of Thrones/TV thread

MrBug708

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Mano said:

Best character on the show, he makes the series.

The ultimate "love to hate" character.  Highly fictionalized, unfortunately.  The real Simcoe was a hero in Canada and by all accounts an honorable British soldier.

On 7/31/2017 at 7:59 AM, glduck said:

i was fully erect during that jon snow/dany scene.

i'm glad they showed how cunning jamie lanister can be. it almost seems that between his loss to robb stark/his capture/losing his hand that the show has made him out to be a bumbling past-his-prime glory boy, but the dude was bred from birth to be a commander. dany's invasion seemed foolproof, but that was quite the countermeasure by jamie. 

that said, even in her dying moments olenna tyrell got the better of him. what a great character. 

I feel like we've been waiting for this for 3 seasons.   The two moral centers of the show, uniting.  None too soon, either, as Dany will clearly need the North now.

Jamie is cunning, to a point.  As Olenna Tyrell pointed out, however, he's a sucker for Cersei, and she'll be his undoing.  Everything that old lady has ever said has been absolute fact.   She's the oracle of the show, and the showrunners did her character the best service ever by giving her that sendoff, I agree.

49 minutes ago, Orange said:

Did he?

So far back, I can't remember.

Little finger wanted Neds support in Joffrey claim and Cersei would just disappear. Ned was too noble and supported Stannis. Stannis would have removed Little finger from the small council so Little finger betrayed Ned

stark girls: bran oh my gawd it's so good to see you brother!! we thought you were dead or trapped beyond the wall omg omg so glad you're alive! xoxoxo

bran: i was watching when you were raped. and i saw you at a crossroads. i am a bird now.

** stark girls back away slowly **

1 hour ago, MrBug708 said:

That was kings landing where the battle took place. The first discussion with Bronn was in highgarden, but later it was kings landing as Jaime was told the gold made it inside the city

Huh -- I thought they were still overseeing the Highgarden farmers harvesting the crops.  

1 hour ago, glduck said:

stark girls: bran oh my gawd it's so good to see you brother!! we thought you were dead or trapped beyond the wall omg omg so glad you're alive! xoxoxo

bran: i was watching when you were raped. and i saw you at a crossroads. i am a bird now.

** stark girls back away slowly **

Honestly Arya seemed a lot less weirded out that Sansa does.  How long until LF tries to drive a wedge by showing Arya the paper Sansa signed saying Ned was a traitor?

50 minutes ago, RogueDuck said:

Honestly Arya seemed a lot less weirded out that Sansa does.  How long until LF tries to drive a wedge by showing Arya the paper Sansa signed saying Ned was a traitor?

It's hard to determine who has had a more fucked up journey to now; Sansa or Arya?  I'd give Arya the edge, with the whole blinded-and-betrayed-and-not-quite-but-almost-murdered by the no-name folks, along with the escapade with the Hound.

Watching her swordplay was going to be my favorite lead story of the episode, but then, you know....dragons.

Oh my holy fuck the dragons.  They never disappoint.  This show never disappoints.

Archived