Game of Thrones/TV thread

MrBug708

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/14/2017 at 11:42 AM, Orange said:

Anyone ever hang on with The Strain?  I did.  Series finale is next week.  It's hugely meh.  The son of the protagonist is maybe the worst actor in the history of acting.

Watched the 1st season,  did hear that kid ending up giving Carl a run for his money as an obnoxious little shit, not sure if I'll catch up on it or not.

On 9/14/2017 at 11:54 AM, glduck said:

whoa, 90s flashback with josh hartnett. has he done anything the last decade?

A lot of people loved Penny Dreadful. I didnt really care for the couple episodes I saw, but apparently he's received an award nomination for his performance. Though I'd imagine a lot of people probably liked the show for Eva Green.

I re-watched the last season of GoT this weekend and I thi k moat of the main characters are pretty well boring. Arya, Jon, Cersei, Dany, Sansa, and even Jaime and even parts of Tyrion. Yes, they have their moments but most of them are fairly blah as actors now. But the supporting cast? Almost all of them hit their lines. Hound, Bronn, Onion Knight, Thormond, Gendry, all have such a way to maximize their screen time where I enjoy their interactions much more so.

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, glduck said:

american vandal on netflix. 8 half-hour episodes. makes fun of the true crime documentary genre, hilarious and shockingly addicting. I HAD TO KNOW WHO DREW THE DICKS.

So, like the true crime documentaries themselves.  My reaction to "hey, Dateline's on" is one of who-gives-a-fuck followed by me sitting through ALL of Dateline in rapt attention.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone watching Star Trek Discovery? 

I watched the existing episodes, and I am actually liking it more than I thought I would. I have liked it more since the past few episodes where they have actually gotten to the Discovery than the first couple setting up the Klingon conflict. I am guessing a lot of the Trekkies will be upset at the new look they have for Klingons.

going for a spoiler-free stranger things 2 review:

the show didn't really break down any new ground, more of a continuation of S1, but they've put together such a great cast that it's still really enjoyable. i would watch a spin-off where ****** and dustin go around solving mysteries. best pairing ever. i hope the show leaves will alone for S3. poor kid. that meme of hopper dancing still gets me every time. i see why they did that standalone eleven episode but that was a series low point, especially with so much going on back in indiana. 

Archived