Athletic Facilities

PAC MAN

It seems like we haven't heard much about Utah expanding RES of late. Any movement on that despite declining attendance across the country At least it isn't half complete like OSU's stadium. :lol:

RES just expanded by about 1000 seats in 2014.

The next step is a new $6 million scoreboard and updated restrooms with expanded concourses.

After that, new south end zone locker rooms which will probably come with additional seating.

The best part about our AD is he doesn't make knee jerk decisions about expanding unless it makes sense.

If you are a fan who appreciates great sight lines and being on top of the action, Sun Devil Stadium is hard to beat.

We also have the loudest student section in the West.

Really, louder then the student section at Autzen or Husky Stadium or even the Muss in Utah? I honestly do not know but I never heard ASU having the loudest student section in the West.

• Like 1

Really, louder then the student section at Autzen or Husky Stadium or even the Muss in Utah? I honestly do not know but I never heard ASU having the loudest student section in the West.

Ted Cruz is going to be President.

Oregon State gets better recruits than Michigan.

And Arizona State has the loudest student section in the West.  

He's forming quite the list. 

• Like 1

RES just expanded by about 1000 seats in 2014.

The next step is a new $6 million scoreboard and updated restrooms with expanded concourses.

After that, new south end zone locker rooms which will probably come with additional seating.

The best part about our AD is he doesn't make knee jerk decisions about expanding unless it makes sense.

The scoreboard has been delayed, not sure for how long. Hope that gets done soon. 

The scoreboard has been delayed, not sure for how long. Hope that gets done soon.

Yes, delayed but still in the near future(2016). It's delayed because there will be new construction soon on the SEZ and they want to make sure the logistics of the new board will work with the construction. I hope that pushes the SEZ project sooner than later.

Isn't ASU about to have the largest undergrad numbers with their UofPhoenix type online networking? Bring two cans and you get free admission?

Ucla generally has the smallest student section in September

Why is the UCLA student section so small in September? I would get it for the Arizona schools, when it is still hot, but September should be nice in LA.

Quarter system. Classes don't start until late September.

With an enrollment of over 40k, I would think there would still be plenty of students around. I get that there are lots of things to do in LA, but the Bruins football fans seem pretty apathetic.

Why is the UCLA student section so small in September? I would get it for the Arizona schools, when it is still hot, but September should be nice in LA.

They don't even have their own stadium.   :lol:  The students arrive for the game in little yellow buses. LOL 

How embarrassing!!!

I remember the 2012 "Blackout the Ducks" game at SDS. Oregon fumbled on their second play from scrimmage, handing ASU a 7-0 lead. The ASU student section was very possibly the loudest in the west at that moment. Then the Ducks ran off 43 straight points, and the place was empty by halftime.

drunkest maybe?

Waddya mean, maybe?

If you are a fan who appreciates great sight lines and being on top of the action, Sun Devil Stadium is hard to beat.

We also have the loudest student section in the West.

Get back to me when we finish the $256 million in upgrades for 2017: new luxury suites, new concessions, new restrooms, new video system, new sound system, new football-only training facility built into the stadium north end zone, replacement of bench seating with new improved seats and improved leg room.

According to who? I've been to plenty of Sun Devil games, and the feeling I walk away from each and every time is "If only Autzen sat that many people, and had the student section in nearly the first row across the entire stadium..."

I would put a ton of other schools above Sun Devil Stadium "student section being the loudest in the West" before ASU ever saw what the list looked like. If we're talking basketball games, and the cute little charades that are played behind the curtain, then yes, you have a point. But Sun Devil stadium is cleared out by halftime because everyone is either too hot or not interested in the game. 

Further, ASU will continue to be the school that does less with more than any other school out there. There's absolutely no reason why that team shouldn't be a power house with the location, admission requirements, scenery (i'm talking the women), and climate.

I've been to sun devil stadium, I'd put it far behind Autzen, Husky and the bean dip, in terms of how load the crowd is. Last time I was there, it was dead quit for about all but the first 2 minutes of the game.

If it was the game a couple of years ago where Mariota caught a TD pass, I was at that game as well. And the crowd was out of that game mid way through the 1st quarter when we went up 100-0.